The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 26, 2012, 12:07 PM   #1201
CCSO Firearms

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. Getting back into firearms. I am awaiting my ATF interview get get my 07 FFL. I spend 6 year in the Air Force and did 2 tours in the desert running convoys with the army. I have been out for almost 4 years now, time flies. Look forward to more reading and learning from all you guys. Thank you.

Paul
Old May 26, 2012, 03:12 PM   #1202
the jigger

New Guy

I just found this site today! I'm looking forward to finding and sharing as much as I can. My wife and I are avid shooters. We are fortunate to have access to a 200yd. range at any time. We both love our handguns and long guns. Next week we are on our way to the Texas Panhandle to shoot prairie dogs with our 13 year old grandson.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!
the jigger
Old May 27, 2012, 11:55 AM   #1203
RAMMY1219

NEW TO THIS

I have a beretta BL-3 that needs a sear spring and I am having a great deal of difficulty in locating one, can anyone help me out it would be greatly apreaciated.

[Note: that would be appropriate for either The Smithy forum or the Shotguns forum. - Bud Helms]
Old May 30, 2012, 04:34 AM   #1204
Jdforg

Hello All New to the forum

Had to pull my gun from the safe this morning, something appeared to be out of the norm on my property . It's the first time I have armed myself in a live sinerio . Ive practiced many times at home and at the range. I've have never had any issues with my firearm a .(45 1911 ) untill now. I put the clip in , pulled back the slide and jam. Couldn't believe my eyes. Couldn't clear the breach , clip was stuck. Anyone have any suggestions why this would happpen?

[Staff Note: Welcome to TFL, Jdforg. This thread is for Introductions only, as stated in the opening post. You will need to post this question in the Handguns: Semiauto forum.]

Last edited by Jdforg; May 30, 2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old June 2, 2012, 09:11 PM   #1205
steve lorenz

IM STUCK IN CALIFORNIA ,WITH THE HEART OF A MINUTE MAN,THE KNOWLEDGE OF VARIOUS ANTIQUE AMERICAN CALIBERS,FROM SHOOTING THEM,IM NO GUNSMITH,however im all ears,able to comply,,and will not tolerate unfriendly remarks,,not that there is much I can do about it ,,just saying so,,,,should be enough,,
Old June 4, 2012, 05:38 PM   #1206
doublenut9

New Guy from Central Texas

Hi ya'll just found this site. Looks like there is lots of good information here. I hope to learn a lot.
Old June 6, 2012, 04:42 PM   #1207
hiwaycruzer

Howdy from Chattanooga

New member, former marine, Vietnam era. Life member of NRA.
Hope to learn a lot from the enthusiasts on this forum.
Semper Fi!
Old June 15, 2012, 10:07 AM   #1208
docnblue

Saiga Help

[B]I am new to the site and have some questions on a Saiga 12 ga. shotgun that has been brought to me for some conversion's. I am a certified law enforcement armorer but have never done any work on Saiga shotguns before. A friend wants me to take his Saiga and according to him you can move the trigger guard and trigger group forward so that you can add a different stock to the gun. My question is can this be done? If so is it something that is easy enough for a armorer to do or should it go to a gunsmith? Finally, if this is something a armorer can do what , if any, special tools or equipment would be needed and how is this accomplished? Thanks docnblue

[docnblue, your question is best asked in the shotgun forum. This thread is for introductions only. - Bud Helms]

Last edited by Bud Helms; June 16, 2012 at 04:12 AM.
Old June 15, 2012, 02:01 PM   #1209
aferalhamster

Love it here

Hello all! I am new here and I love it. I am a member of several other forums but I seem to be spending the bulk of my time here as of late. So much good stuff to read.
Old June 18, 2012, 03:57 PM   #1210
kksteele

Hi everyone! I am a gun sales host from Las Vegas!

Just thought i'd introduce myself. I'm doing some research on opening a new high-end retail store out here in gun friendly Sin City... Any research analysis links are greatly appreciated

Kat
Old June 21, 2012, 08:00 AM   #1211
jmhyer

New member in south Mississippi

Just wanted to introduce myself and say how much I appreciate being able to come here. Thanks to everyone for a great site.
Old June 22, 2012, 11:17 PM   #1212
jeeplover1

Hello fellow gun lovers im Dale

Hi just bought some new guns and want to share story's and info!
Old June 24, 2012, 09:43 AM   #1213
C-town Joe

New to site

Hi
I am new to this site, my name is Joe and just like to sy Hi
Was just looking for a place to ask questions and get some answers.
I am kind of lost on the site of wher to post questions!
Any help would be appreciated
Old June 24, 2012, 12:02 PM   #1214
wyboo51

fireing line fan

hi from wyboo51,,,,, im from sc every one hunts or fish here in sc,,shooting is my main hobby
Old June 29, 2012, 11:14 PM   #1215
rgrundy

Old Shooter

I'm Mark and I've been shooting for some time and am still fair at it. Shoot Steel and USPSA. Hunt elk and deer too. Just stopped to in to say hi before hitting the forums.
Old July 5, 2012, 09:12 PM   #1216
Catdaddy1963

Catdaddy1963

Hello every one I'm catdaddy and I have a question .
Old July 5, 2012, 10:24 PM   #1217
LStetz

Very new to guns

Hello Everyone:

my name is Lisa and i live in Hamilton NJ, and in the middle to end of Aug, a friend and i are going to be taking a course for home defense, with Handguns, i would do it sooner but as i explained to the trainer i am planning a party for my husband and it had to do with cost.

The cost of the course is 145.00 which i do not think is bad at all please let me know what you think?

well i have been doing alot of research about handguns and even went to a local place and handled 3 semi auto, 2 bretta and a S&W all 9 mm one was a standard which i liked and the second one was ok but did not like the smallest one at all for some reason, and maybe because i keep thinking that it will have a bigger kick back then a heavy handgun? please tell me if i am wrong on that.

I have watched I tube and diffrent things on the internet and signed up for 3 diffrent forums.

I have been told sense it is my first one it should be a revolver but on the other hand others have told be it is all up to me and how it feels etc. when i did stop in this store the guy behind the counter did not bring out a revolver however i read about a few of them.

now i know like everthing you can not go with the cheapest as you get what you pay for at times, and also not looking to break the bank, I also want something that i will be able to use at the range also without using ammo that is really high in price for practice.

.hope you understand i am not looking to get away with things being cheap, keep in mind i am a dog trainer/ behaviorist and used to show dogs which is not cheap and i have 2 parrots with 5 dogs all in the sporting group and are bred to hunt.

i really need to get off now catch you at a later date

Lisa- hamilton NJ- Mercer county

[Lisa, you might want to take this to the main General Discussion forum for participation and responses. This thread is for intros only. - Bud]

Last edited by Bud Helms; July 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old July 6, 2012, 09:18 AM   #1218
Botswana

Whoops, just saw this. I've been hanging out mostly in the handgun forum.

I'm a DFW resident (Dallas/Fort Worth) who hasn't been shooting in over 10 years. I just purchased a Magnum Research Jericho/Uzi Eagle/Desert Eagle Pistol/Baby Eagle (Make up your damn mind IMI!) in .45 ACP and planning on getting a few more firearms. I've also inherited an over-under, a piece of crap single shot .22, and a very sweet Marlin 30-30 but have fired none of them yet.

I've owned a Ruger P89, a S&W 22A, an SKS, and a pistol gripped 12ga. but I can't remember the make anymore. I wish I still had the Ruger and the SKS.

Things have changed a lot in Texas in the last 10 years. For one thing, it is a lot easier to buy a gun then it used to be. I'm also glad to see the ridiculous 10 rd. limit expired.

I'm a bit of a prepper but not building an underground bunker or anything. I'm trying to get into the mindset of "plan for the worst and hope for the best". I'd been doing plenty of the latter without any of the former. Part of the motivation behind the firearm purchases is to be ready for anything. I'm not about to go hardcore survivalist though. I enjoy my suburban lifestyle a little too much.
Old July 7, 2012, 07:39 PM   #1219
Prestomci

Hello all

Hello, first post
My names Preston, live in tx and 22 years old. Hobbies are shooting, going
Fast, working and sleeping...and eating.

I spend alot of time researching firearms I want. It's like I need to know everything about it before I even touch it. I'm odd but it makes you never regret a purchase.

I currently own(from first bought to last).
Mossberg 500 9-shot pistol grip
Dpms lr-308
SA XD45 w/ truglo sights
AA .50 Beowulf 16in on spikes lower
S&W 442 .38 spl
Old July 9, 2012, 12:13 PM   #1220
priell3

Newbie here, but not to guns

Hello all. I've been shooting since I was about 5 years old, so that is 40+ years.

I have a small collection of arms:

Ruger Mark II
Ruger GP100
Ruger LCP
Ruger P95
JR Carbine 9mm
Savage Mark II FV-SR
Danton .25 cal. pistol

I just got the Savage a few days ago and have yet to try it out.
Old July 10, 2012, 06:53 AM   #1221
mc.smetzen

Hello, i shoot target and clay and live in belgium. Long time reader, firt time poster
Old July 10, 2012, 11:50 AM   #1222
Youngshooter

Just now saw this..

I've been stopping by this site from time to time on my usual google searches and figured I might as well be a member if I'm around.
I'm from Texas, 19, been shooting for almost 14 or 15 years now.
I enjoy my Winchester 9422 .22LR more than any other gun I've shot in my short experiences. Hunting and fishing are my sanctuary even when I get nothing but a bunch of fresh air. See y'all around.
Old July 11, 2012, 10:20 AM   #1223
TheSkySoldier

Howdy from Ohio

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I'm Ryan. I've been a gun owner/advocate for years. I grew up in a house that always had guns. My dad was a dealer long before I was born, so over time I got to play around with some neat stuff. Now that it seems our Constitution is under fire from the current presidential administration, congress, the Supreme Court, and the UN, I'm getting a lot more involved in interacting with fellow firearms-owners and enthusiasts.

I have not served in the military, yet, but I have a great deal of friends serving at the moment, and I'm actively involved in supporting the military at school through student organizations. I'd like to give a special shout out and personal thank you to everyone who has served or is currently serving in the military or any level of law enforcemrnt/EMS.

I look forward to getting to know some of you, as well as educating myself more about firearms, the industry, and gun-owners across the boardm
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” - Patrick Henry
Old July 11, 2012, 04:32 PM   #1224
retiredreb

Retiredreb

New member here.Retired fire fighter with 28 years of service.Live in North Carolina.Love my grandkids who are learning to shoot.My youngest grandson got his first turkey at age 9.I enjoy revolvers,varminting with a Martini in 22 Hornet.Hope to learn a lot here before I,m too durned old to learn.
Old July 12, 2012, 10:03 AM   #1225
Bob Wright

Re-introduction.........

After the faux pas of introducing myself on the wrong forum, I'll try again:

My name is Bob Wright, and I favor the Single Action. I'm retired now, don't quite shoot as much, age and finances restricting.

Here is the first pistol I ever shot and the one that sort of got me started, though I can't remember not being interested in guns.

Its a Mauser M1910 in .25 ACP and my first shooting was around 1945 or 1946. It is marked "6,35mm" and nobody in our houshold had any idea what that meant. My brother brought it home from WW II. At his death he left it to my nephew. Shortly before my nephew's death, he gave the gun to me.

This was my first real revolver of my own, a Colt New Service, bought in 1954:

It was a .45 Colt, reworked from .455 Eley, when I bought it. As it appears here it is a .44 Special with S&W rear sight and Micro front. Home made walnut grips.

Bob Wright

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent