The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 23, 2002, 11:52 PM   #1
bluegill

over and under chinese shotgun

I am hoping someone here can help me with this issue.

A friend of mine has a chinese made over and under twelve guage shotgun he bought a couple years ago. He has offered to barter it for some non-gun things I have been trying to get rid of for a while, otherwise, I would probably not be interested.

He says he paid something in the $300 range for it new. He can't recall the name of it. I have seen it a couple times but never really payed real close attention to it since it was a cheap chinese made shotgun. I will admit it seemed rather solid and seemed pretty neet for what it was. The metal and wood finish was satisfactory and it had a hard plastic but plate with some dragon or other chinese like design on it. I can't remember if it had one trigger or two. He has not shot it much at all and it is probably still like new.

I've researched this board and the internet and haven't got the information I was looking for concerning this. I'd like to find out what this gun is and determine what it might be worth and if it is worth messing with. I know this could be lower quality than more expensive over and unders. I will check to see if it shoots both barrels in the same spot before making any deal.

Can anyone tell me anything about this from the limited information I have been able to provide? I'm interested both having this shotgun if I like it, but more concered about what it might be worth since I'll be trading something for it.
Old August 24, 2002, 12:22 PM   #2
CWL

Hit the Search buttonin the upper right hand corner.

Enter "Chinese" in the topic box & select "shotguns" in area to be searched.

Many discussions why cheap O/Us don't perform.
Old August 27, 2002, 10:57 AM   #3
bamf

I'd stay away from it but if you're looking for a price, if fired probably a hundred bucks if that.

If you're looking for inexpensive O/U, look at Lanber or Hugulu.