The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 4, 2009, 03:01 AM   #1
corey_russell

RED DOTS?

I need some help finding the best red dot for the money, i have read good things about the bushnell tac elite and vortex strikefire. I know it is all of our dreams to buy an ACOG or EoTech but i dont have the cash flow for that kind of action. If anyone can help i would love to hear what you have to say.
Old December 4, 2009, 10:24 AM   #2
sholling

What's your budget? What will you be using it for?

If you can live with a 4 MOA dot then the Aimpoint 9000SC that MidwayUSA has on sale for $225 is hard to beat.
Old December 5, 2009, 02:34 PM   #3
corey_russell

thank you i will look into that but i would like to spend no more than $150 if it is possible, or would anything i find be poor quality?

Last edited by corey_russell; December 5, 2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old December 5, 2009, 03:23 PM   #4
omega

I studied the subject to death looking for a good quality, compact red-dot to put on my .45 carbine.

Wouldn't we all like a new EoTech, but I settled on the Burris FastFire. It cost about $150 as I recall, is shaped similar to the EoTech - but much, much smaller - in fact it is compact enough to mount on a pistol. I've been using it for a year or so often enough to know it is a high quality product, and holds zero well with every-day knocking around the woods and the range.

Give it a look.
Old December 5, 2009, 03:39 PM   #5
sholling

I've used the Bushnell Trophy on 22s and while I wouldn't want to stake my life on it it's a decent little red dot. The vortex may be worth looking at but Ive never used one.
Old December 6, 2009, 10:23 PM   #6
amprecon

mispost

Last edited by amprecon; December 6, 2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Mispost