The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 1, 2011, 11:31 AM   #1
tobnpr

Meprolight, or Trigicon, night sights?

I want to add night sights to my CZ-82.
I've read the CZ-75 sights fit fine, but now the choice is Meprolight, or Trigicon.
Is the Trigicon worth the extra $30+ dollars?
Old October 2, 2011, 06:49 AM   #2
oldandslow

tob, 10/2/11

Since no one has answered you yet I'll give you my take on your question. I have night sights on all my defensive pistols, some by Trijicon, some by Meprolight and some by a company called MMC/PT which is now out of business. The Meprolights are brighter and cheaper. The Trijicons are more expensive but seem to have better customer service. I've emailed both companies about their sights for my pistols and Trijicon always replies promptly. I have yet to get a reply from Meprolight so I usually get the Trijicons knowing they will have customer service backup. Take a look at both models and do some more research and come to an informed opinion. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow
Old October 2, 2011, 09:44 AM   #3
Cowboy_mo

Well I just went through the same dilemma. After much internet research, the conclusion seemed to be that the two brands are pretty equal in quality.

After more searching I found the Meprolights for $40 less and "pulled the trigger on them". Just waiting for them to arrive and found a competent smith to install them for me. I thought about the DIY avenue but discarded it as I couldn't stand messing up the stainless steel slide on my Kimber.
Old October 21, 2011, 10:13 AM   #4
Glock.45

Trij all the way for me.
I prefer the dimmer light in the dark. It makes for better night vision. That all goes to crap when the flash goes off though.