The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 6, 2013, 12:35 PM   #1
Konk

Holster for FNH Model FNX

I just purchased my first handgun on Sunday, looking for a holster now. Leaning towards a belt holster rather than a paddle type simply because I want to carry while hunting and a paddle won't work when wearing my hunting bibs. Is there such a thing as a "better" or "best" belt type holster. I'm a greenhorn here and just looking for some things that I may want to take into consideration before buying.
Old May 6, 2013, 01:05 PM   #2
ClydeFrog

Lists for holsters....

There are a few posts for top holsters & gear makers.
Keep in mind that a good holster is part of a system. The holster, gun belt magazine carry pouches, etc. Some armed professionals prefer to get the holster & gear from the same source but that's not a strict requirement.
For a good pistol rig, Id look at the Wright Leather Works Predator or Marshal. It's available in several colors & includes a side protector.

Some like Kydex or synthetic which can hold up well. Exotic leathers like rhino, bull, gator, stag-deer, shark are available.

The gun belt should be lined or thick. The 1.50" width can work. Some custom shops can provide a gun dress belt that tapers to a 1.25" width.

See: www.wrightleatherworks.com www.safariland.com www.bianchi-intl.com www.usgalco.com www.blade-tech.com www.comholsters.com www.policehq.com www.galls.com www.blackhawk.com www.kirkpatrickleather.com www.thebeltman.net www.miltsparks.com www.mitchrosen.com www.tedblockerholsters.com www.highnoonholsters.com www.donhume.com www.duluthtrading.com .
Call or contact the maker first too before you order. Some minor changes or styles may cause the holster not to fit or you may need to wait months for delivery.

CF
Old May 6, 2013, 01:10 PM   #3
GunByte

I just bought a DeSantis Speed Scabbard without the thumb break. Here it is although you can get it cheaper either on Amazon of Optics Planet.

Speed Scabbard

Gun resources for senior citizens at The Old Gunhand
Old May 7, 2013, 02:13 PM   #4
btmj

Nice,

I just bought an FNX-40 last saturday. So I am also looking at holsters.

I have become a big fan of High Noon holsters. I really like their non-molded soft IWB holsters... very well made with a mucho-substantial steel belt clip. I also have a non-molded belt slide pancake holster for my Walther PPS, and it is very well made and very functional. I recently ordered a molded "fancy" holster for my Glock 19.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...bare_skin.html

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...skin_tite.html

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod.../_topless.html