The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 12, 2009, 05:59 PM   #26
Trust

Check out the Katz knives. I have one and it is one of the best knives I have ever owned (I have a knife fetish). Nice thick blade and keeps an edge.

http://katzknives.com/Merchant2/merc...egory_Code=KFB
Old August 12, 2009, 06:13 PM   #27
tomh1426

You seem to like Cold Steel, check out the Recon scout and the Trail Master.
Old August 13, 2009, 12:44 AM   #28
5whiskey

Get an original Ka-bar, but with the 1/4 seration. You really can't go wrong. I joined the USMC in 2003. I was issued one. They were first used in 1942. 60 years of being issued by the Marine Corps speaks for itself IMHO.
Old August 13, 2009, 03:01 AM   #29
sholling

The two that I like are the Buck Vanguard and Nighthawk. The vanguard is not huge but it's a great utility, hunting, and all around camp knife. It's reasonably priced and will do the job. A tad more radical the Buck 650 Nighhawk feels good in the hand. Both are good quality without being budget busting knife snob fodder.

If you want huge you might look at this Kershaw but it's kinda big.
Old August 15, 2009, 08:56 PM   #30
xrx1113

mission

i was looking for the perfect carry knife , i found my favorite is a mission ti 8 with a cord wrap and plane edge its a neck knife i dont even know its on and it's quick to get to.i also carry a AFCK or a mini assist ruckus in nylon belt holster and my para 45 acp.

i feel "comfortable" with this set up.

if im wearing pants without a belt i skip the second knife and the 45 and just have the mission ti 8 on my neck and a p3at on a clip at my waist

i really think your primary carry weather its a knife or gun is very personal i went through a bunch of knives and guns befor i found what was right for me, i hope this helps save you some money.

mark in fl
Old August 15, 2009, 09:04 PM   #31
Gideon46

Here's my recommendation:

http://www.ratcutlery.com/rc-4.htm

It's perfect for camping, hiking, hunting, etc. but can also be carried for defensive purposes. I actually have the 3" and it's best for concealed carry but the 4" would be a bit better for all around. Check it out and don't be confused by the "Ontario" rats, they're very similar but the true Rat Cutlery RC-4 has a better handle length and it's just a bit better.

God Bless
Gideon