The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 27, 2013, 07:36 PM   #1
ZVP

Buyers tip!

Big-5 Sporting Goods has 2 Mossbergs on a good sale!
$289 and $299 the shot pump, and a twin barrel feild/HD combo!
Prices like that match some "Used" pricesw.
Those of you looking, take a look at these!
HTH.
, BPDave
Old November 27, 2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Dreaming100Straight

Big 5 indeed has some good deals. I went with a Remington 870 from them this time of year, when Remington has a rebate, but the two barrel Mossberg is nothing to ignore. They also have a few other shotguns, but caveat. Most of the guys behind the counter know zero, nada, zip. Also check Bass Pro or giant marketers like it. I recall that they also had an excellent deal on the 870 and most likely Mossbergs.

Also be careful if you are getting the display model. They get abused by people messing with them. I recall one gun, makes no difference the make, at Big 5 and the something was all wrong. I explained it to the clerk and it was like talking to a shoe box

One thing about the Big 5 Mossberg. IIRC, the action bar isn't the regular Mossberg 500 action bar but the one used on the Maverick 88. Check it out and this may not longer be the case.