The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 20, 2007, 02:24 PM   #1
Zesty

Few questions about Streamlight TLR-2....

I just bought one and received it today. The unti came in original package, but I am concerned about 3 things:

1) The finish on the "tip" on the light....the round part seems really rough, I expected it to be smooth. I am a bit disappointed by the finish, I thought it would look more "clean and polished" for $200+.

2) The Glock rail key was already installed....is this standard, or a sign that my unti was previously mounted?

3) The actual laser itself, seems to sit "cocked". It does not appear to be lined up properly. Like if I look directly at the unit from the front, the laser appears to be off'line a good bit....is this normal?
Old June 20, 2007, 09:03 PM   #2
Shane Tuttle
Staff

1. My finish is smooth and don't see any defects anywhere...
2. Glock rail key? I just have a setup on mine that allows to clip on the accessory rail on my XD...sorry, I don't think I can help you there...
3. Mine appears fairly straight, only VERY slightly off from being parallel of the light housing's front plane. It moves by way of the adjustment screws...

Do you have pics? Is it supposed to be a NIB? Sounds by what you state that you either got a lemon or a well abused one, but need more info. before making an assessment...

Hope I helped a little bit anyway...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting