The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 15, 2017, 07:00 PM   #1
One hole

45 colt rim size

I have been shooting my Rugger black hawk for years but recently received a Henry Big Boy in 45 colt and I have found that my old brass wont feed the rifle the rims are not fitting the mag tube and when I feed it 1 round at a time they get hung in the extractor. My old brass has a rim size of .0511 and the new brass the I received with the rifle are .506 I was just wandering if any one else has had this issue. I did cure the issue by taking emery cloth to the rims of the old brass and they work great. just wondering?
Old January 15, 2017, 08:24 PM   #2
HiBC

A quick check of the case dimension spec for the .45 Colt shows a rim dia of .512 .

The ammo is not the problem,if .510 ammo gets hung up,the rifle (most likely) was built outside spec.

It probably needs a trip back to Henry.They will probably take good care of you.