The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old July 4, 2011, 09:04 PM   #1
acenoel

POD 308 or LWRC REPR?

Im in the market for a new AR style 308. Im looking for a weapon i can shoot long distances with thats very accurate. Id like to go with a gas piston system because there much easier to keep clean. ive narrowed it down to the LWRC REPR and POF both in 20". The problem im having is that up here in New Hampshire we do not have any firearm dealers that carry these rifles so ive yet to even hold one let alone fire one. So im looking for some opinions by people that have fired both these weapons. im concearned about reliabity, accuracy, fit and finish, and if needed customer service. Thanks In advance!

Last edited by acenoel; July 5, 2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old July 4, 2011, 10:54 PM   #2
brmfan

I have no first hand experience with the LWRC but I've had my P308 for 2 years now. Bolt action accuracy, internals clean up with just a rag, and over 1k rounds (surplus, match, and handloads) with ZERO feeding or extraction issues. More rail space than you'll ever need, fantastic trigger, and match grade super hard barrel. I could go on but you get the idea that I love this rifle!!
Old July 5, 2011, 11:31 AM   #3
acenoel

Thanks for your post. Im leaning towards the POF. I really like the NP3 finish and the lower price tag. It just makes me nervous with some of the horror storys ive read online, with terrible customer service with some lemons. But like anything else you hear way more about the unhappy customers than you do with the satisfied ones.

Right now can purchase a P308 20" for $2400 with only a 3 day wait . I can put the money i save from the REPR towards a PRS stock and NIGHT FORCE scope.

If anyone has any range reports with there POF id love to see them!
Old July 5, 2011, 04:12 PM   #4
brmfan

POF's customer service treated me great, but as their production fell behind demand they started getting pressured from all sides so no surprise if some people didn't feel like they got the royal treatment. No excuse, but growing pains for a young company. The bolt problems they had earlier IIRC originated from the vendor, and wasn't a design flaw. That all seems to have been remedied a while ago. I know several folks with POF's and they have nothing but kudos for their rifles.

Here's a range report I posted right after I got mine:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367024
Old July 18, 2011, 01:55 AM   #5
acenoel

Looks like i might have to go with the REPR. Cant find a decent deal on a new P308 20"!

Tags
308 , accuracy , lwrc , pof , repr