The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 23, 2015, 05:42 PM   #1
Clark

Can I pay money and get more message space?

I am an old man with decision fatigue.
Which messages to delete?
TIA
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old August 23, 2015, 07:03 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

No need to pay - it was set to a fairly low value so I upped it a bit.
Old August 24, 2015, 12:10 AM   #3
Clark

Thanks!
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old August 24, 2015, 02:58 AM   #4
Theohazard

Wow, I wish had thought to ask this question when I had this problem. I've been butting up against the limit and then deleting messages for a while now. I've even got emails saying I've missed messages because my box was full, and I never found out what those messages said. Thanks for upping the limit!
Old August 24, 2015, 03:17 AM   #5
Clark

I get messages all the time. I resorted to replying with my email address included and informing them that I was deleting their message and my response in TFL messages, but saving it in email.
Decision fatigue is real, and explains all kinds of modern problems.
Old February 10, 2016, 09:37 PM   #6
johnwilliamson062

I've definitely deleted messages and later regretted it. There are several items I sent off to nice homes and wanted to check on them. The PMs related to the transactions were long ago deleted. Some old PMs with PBP concerning pistols I was thinking about buying. PMs with WA about 1895 Nagant revolvers. I could probably make quite a long list.

I wouldn't mind paying a small fee for a larger allotment or space to host firearms photos.
Old February 11, 2016, 01:12 AM   #7
JohnKSa
Staff

You can also archive messages by saving them to your computer as text files. They're not as convenient to access that way, but if you want to keep information that you consider important, it's a useful option.

Select the messages you wish to archive by clicking on the associated box on the far right of the listing, use the pulldown in the "Selected Messages" box at the lower right of the screen to pick "Download as Text" and then click on the "Go" button.

All the selected messages will be downloaded into a text file.