The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 28, 2014, 09:56 PM   #26
WVsig

Quote:
"Obtuse"? Who peed in your Cheerios's?

If it hurts your feelings that others on this forum can answer simple questions I'm sorry.
Don't eat Cherrios.... and yes obtuse.

difficult to comprehend : not clear or precise in thought or expression

You continue to post and argue that Browning is the single importer of Browning Hi Powers into the US which is simply not the case.

You incorrectly stated that Browning was the only importer of BHPs and have been back peddling and two stepping around that statement ever since in an "obtuse" fashion.

Use of the word does not contain or denote any feelings at all. You maybe projecting something you are experiencing on to me. I am simply addressing what you have written and the convoluted way you have done it.

I love knowledge and information when it is accurate and clearly presented. IMHO your posts in this thread do not qualify.

Last edited by WVsig; October 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old October 28, 2014, 09:58 PM   #27
WVsig

Quote:
Quote:
RickB...There are FN-made HPs in the United States that were not imported by Browning, and without Browning markings; is that a reasonable statement?

Dogtown's reply:
Yes, no one disputes that..
If that is the case it directly contradicts your previous statement.

Quote:
Browning is still the only US importer of the FN Hi Power.
Or am I being obtuse? LOL

Sorry for the thread hijack... Surplus BHPs are the way to go if you are looking for a shooter not a collectible or LNIB example. They are cheap functional and easy to get. The sub $500 price tag OTD for most people make them a no brainer. If you already own shooters I suggest looking at the used market carefully. There are still bargains out there but you have to be patient and have $$$ ready when the right deal is there.

I have bought and sold and customized more than a dozen BHPs over the years but have never paid top $$$ for a single one prior to customization. The OPs deal sounds solid and if I were him/her I would jump on it.

Last edited by WVsig; October 28, 2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old October 29, 2014, 10:07 AM   #28
dogtown tom

Quote:
WVsig You continue to post and argue that Browning is the single importer of Browning Hi Powers into the US which is simply not the case.
Context, you are ignoring it.
My initial reply to RickB was regarding his comment that "Browning was no longer going to do the importing". As Browning never stopped being a factory authorized importer of new FN Hi Powers that statement is incorrect.

Quote:
You incorrectly stated that Browning was the only importer of BHPs and have been back peddling and two stepping around that statement ever since in an "obtuse" fashion.
I'm not two stepping anything and again, my reply was in regards to new Hi Powers.

Any licensed dealer can import firearms, but that doesn't mean NEW firearms with factory warranty & service.
If you know of another current importer of new FN Hi Powers then please spill the beans.

Whether AIM, Century, Cole's, etc have imported FN Hi Powers is immaterial......they are used guns. Any jackleg gunshop can do the occasional import of a firearm and mark it as such.

RickB's comment was the supposition that Browning would no longer import Hi Powers. Being that Browning Arms imports only NEW Hi Powers, and has never imported used, military surplus Hi Powers it seems that even you could under the context of my reply.

Quote:
Use of the word does not contain or denote any feelings at all. You maybe projecting something you are experiencing on to me. I am simply addressing what you have written and the convoluted way you have done it.

I love knowledge and information when it is accurate and clearly presented. IMHO your posts in this thread do not qualify.
In your zeal to be the smartest guy in the thread you ignored the context of my reply to RickB.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old October 29, 2014, 10:23 AM   #29
dogtown tom

Quote:
WVsig Quote:
Quote:
RickB...There are FN-made HPs in the United States that were not imported by Browning, and without Browning markings; is that a reasonable statement?

Dogtown's reply:
Yes, no one disputes that..
If that is the case it directly contradicts your previous statement.
No, it doesn't.
For one, RickB isn't asking about current NEW Hi Powers, his question refers to "...HP's in the United States that were not imported by Browning..."

"In the United States..." means exactly that. Prewar and WWII bringbacks will not have BROWNING ARMS marked on the pistol. Neither will the Hi Powers imported by Vector, Cassi, FNMI, and others.

I'm sure you understand the difference.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Browning is still the only US importer of the FN Hi Power.
Or am I being obtuse? LOL
Yeah, you are.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE