The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old June 12, 2005, 04:51 PM   #1
kirkcdl

Kahr K40 question

I own a K40,and I read somewhere that the"Elite"version of that gun had work done at the factory to shorten the otherwise longish trigger pull.I emailed Kahr and was told there was no way to do that.I think perhaps they were just doing a little CYA.I don't want to lighten the pull,just shorten it a bit.Anyone know how this is done?Perhaps by comparing side by side schematics of the two guns,and replacing parts that are different in the trigger mechanism?Ideas,anyone?Thanks in advance...
Old June 12, 2005, 06:28 PM   #2
Dfariswheel

The "Elite" trigger is a matter of fitting different parts, NOT altering or adjusting.

In other words, if you want an Elite trigger assembly, you have to buy the parts, and have a qualified pistolsmith install them.

The difference in length of pull really isn't that much, and many people actually prefer the longer standard trigger because if feels so much like a well-tuned S&W revolver trigger.

Bottom line is, the Elite trigger is not like going from a revolver to a Glock trigger.
You will have a SLIGHTLY shorter trigger, not a radically shorter trigger.

If you really want an Elite trigger, contact Kahr and ask about INSTALLING an Elite trigger assembly.