The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 17, 2011, 04:30 PM   #26
junkman_01

Quote:
Obviously they (the wedges described) were produced...
Wrong. They were never produced. That is the point. Just because there was a patent on it , doesn't mean it was ever used.
Old February 17, 2011, 06:34 PM   #27
mykeal

Gentlemen. Please.
Old February 17, 2011, 08:17 PM   #28
Ben Towe

I vote for a duel, with Colt revolvers. Shooting wax bullets of course.
Old February 18, 2011, 09:23 AM   #29
poppa59hd

Revolvers at 20 paces!

Mr. Pohill.....Mr. Junkman:

You gentlemen can meet on the field of honor at sunrise. Seconds in attendance. Wedges in your revolvers optional.

Listen, guys, I'm a newbie in this forum and I enjoy the Hell out of reading these posts and threads. Even old dogs learn new things. I had the same problem years ago with a .36 Colt (my first b/p revolver) and I fixed it the way any mis-guided neophyte would have fixed it: I CAREFULLY took a piece of emory cloth and and sanded the wedge down until the cyclinder rotated the way God and Mr. Colt intended it should. Shot the thing for years, both blanks and live fire. Never had a problem with it. No, the gap between cylinder and barrel didn't open up and cause endless jump-fire problems. Not for me, anyway. I traded that pistol away, don't remember what I traded it for, now, but I remember the fella I traded it to used it to merrily blast Yankees at re-enactments for many years afterward.
C'mon, the guy had/has a problem with his pistol and he's asking here for help, just like I may do in the future. He's luckier than I was, he has a computer website forum to go to for advice. (I'm not certain computers had been invented when I had my problem) so I sat down, looked at it and used a bit of 'Southern Ingenuity' to fix it and, guess what? It worked!
Always Remember............
Yankees-1 Confederates-0 Halftime

Last edited by poppa59hd; February 18, 2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: wrong decimal point
Old February 18, 2011, 10:42 AM   #30
junkman_01

And if you will read post#5, you will see that I gave the OP the instructions to fix his problem.

Last edited by junkman_01; February 18, 2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old February 18, 2011, 03:26 PM   #31
arcticap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg Haggen
You're driving the wedge in too deep. On a new gun it should just be flush on the side opposite the screw.
As Hawg Haggan stated, if there's different ways to deal with an arbor problem then the OP should know.
Not everyone wants to fix their arbor or are able to do it themselves.
Some members here have mentioned how they've fixed the arbor problem on some of their guns and not others.
Meanwhile they can try working with the key [wedge].
It's recognized that one can treat the symptom or the problem directly.
And every member of this forum has the same right to post without being attacked or needing to repeatedly defend the reasons for their posts.
Members are equal under the forum rules and decorum should be followed.
Being respectful, courteous and polite is an important priority.

Last edited by arcticap; February 18, 2011 at 03:33 PM.