The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 12, 2000, 07:25 PM   #1
Hawkeye

I've used a Jewell trigger on bolt guns and always been impressed. Precision Shooting recently had an article about a trigger that Jewell had developed for the AR-15.

I ordered one, received it last week, and installed it last night. The installation is pretty straight-forward if you've ever put a trigger and hammer in an AR-15 before. He adds a couple parts, but it's not difficult.

The trigger is adjustable in many different ways. It's a two-stage trigger, and you can adjust the pull weight for both the first and second stage. Sear engagement and overtravel are also adjustable. The last two come pre-adjusted and were just fine for me.

I set the trigger for a 1# first stage and 3.5# second stage (so it takes an additional 2.5# to break). This can quickly be altered to make it NRA Service rifle legal. I went out to the range today and was impressed.

I've used the Williams Trigger Specialties modification and also the JP-Enterprises trigger. I've not used the Milazzo-Krieger. I think the Jewell has the others beat hands down!
Old March 13, 2000, 12:03 AM   #2
45dude

I see that that the new Les Baer AR15's will be available with this trigger too
Old March 15, 2000, 09:49 AM   #3
gunmart

i love this trigge for the ar 15.email me in about a month with some range reporst will ya?