The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 31, 2013, 12:49 PM   #1
myupspilot

Winchester 94AE .357 under-carrier jamming

I want to replace the link on my 94AE in .357. Mine is one of those which are plagued by under carrier jams. I can see that the cartridge stop is broken off (rather jaggedly), and so I want to install a new link. I ordered a spare link from Homestead in Tucson (example: http://homesteadparts.com/shopcart/pid_1491.htm ), and I have since read that this is very easy to replace, but I'm hesitant to take anything apart for all the obvious reasons.
Can anyone describe for me, in very clear English, the steps I must follow to remove the old link and replace it with a new link?

I have read about the propensity of this particular rifle to malfunction due to under-carrier jamming, and I realize that replacing the link only works some of the time. I'm just hoping that in my rifle's case, the simplest solution might work. Bear in mind, I don't want to disassemble the entire rifle. I just want to replace the link. Any instruction will be much appreciated.

Thanks