The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 22, 2002, 10:49 PM   #1
kehrby

Great deal on my new shotgun!

I just put a down payment on a new Red Label at my local gunshop and was extremely pleased to get a better deal than I was going to get at Cabelas! The 12 ga. Sporting clays version at Cabelas was $1099 the last time I was there. The guys at my gunshop who have always been helpful said how about $1075? I said how about lets order one. I know Cabelas has it in stock but the service I get from "Plinkers" is what keeps me coming back. I often read here about the lousy service that you guys get at your local mom and pops so I just thought I would share a little good news! By the way if you are ever passing through Elkhart IN stop into Plinkers. They even admit they have the worlds worst coffee.
Old May 23, 2002, 01:02 AM   #2
coonan357

tell them to quit using the tumbling media in the coffee pot !!!

You can't argue with a .357 Mag.
Well, you can try, but you'll end up bleeding an aweful lot. -GEORGE HILL 4-08-2002

My Coonan is Not For Sale please do not ask!
Old May 23, 2002, 08:52 AM   #3
pdmoderator
Registration in progress

Quote:
By the way if you are ever passing through Elkhart IN stop into Plinkers.
During the period from January to August 1980, I spent about ten years in Elkhart. Wouldn't live there again, but if I'm ever driving through I will stop in and carve off a slab of coffee.

- pdmoderator
Old May 23, 2002, 10:07 PM   #4
kehrby

Elkhart is definately not the place that a person would choose to move to but for those of us who have grown up here it seems to be home. If you live outside of town its actually not too bad. Indiana however is obviously not Wyoming or Montana for scenery though. I hope that while you were here you did at least get out to the countryside.
Old May 24, 2002, 10:16 PM   #5
dw

Hey kehrby Northern IN here too. I am from Bourbon about half hour south of South Bend so not to far from you. I have never been to plinkers but i may have to pay a visit soon. If you can E-mail me with directions that would be great. I do most my business in Warsaw, IN and have had great service there at "Timberwolf guns and ammo". When you get your hands on that Ruger and wanna go shoot some clays at a great place give me a call i am fortunate enough to live 2 miles from "The Back Forty Sporting Clays" and love to shoot with other shooters. Just a thought.
dw