The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old May 18, 2000, 02:11 PM   #1
Ricky T

The IDPA National in September is full. The slots were all filled by May 4th, 4 days after HQ started accepting applications. Six of us from Atlanta sent our applications in as a group, hoping to shoot as a squad. We mailed in our package on April 29th. and it got to HQ on May 4th, just a little late after all the slots were filled. Oh well, wait till next year.
Old May 18, 2000, 02:55 PM   #2
John Forsyth

Sorry to hear you did not make it. I missed it last year, but have made it this year.

------------------
John
(formerly johnboy)
Old May 18, 2000, 04:35 PM   #3
Ricky T

John,
Congrats on your entry. I may still go, may try to go as an SO.
Old May 18, 2000, 08:25 PM   #4
Mikey

Ricky T,

Let John or me know if you're successful in your SO quest. I SO'd last year (managed to get the absolute last slot!). This year John and I have both made the SO list. If they do like they did last year the SO's can bunk at the range (nice digs)!

Good Luck!

Mikey
Old May 19, 2000, 10:24 AM   #5
Bubba

Last I heard... (5 or 6 days ago) Tom was still looking for additional SOs. But that could have changed.

I am looking forward to it. I will be an SO partnered with Beverly McCord. We be good to put a face with a name on a lot of you.

------------------
Bubba
IDPA# A04739
====
It is long been a principal of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully. - Jeff Cooper
Old May 19, 2000, 02:32 PM   #6
Ricky T

Bubba,
Beverly is a hoot, check out her matching fluorescent purple holster, mag pouch and belt. Probably the best female IDPA shooter, may be a Master by now.
Old June 23, 2000, 09:27 AM   #7
Ricky T

WOOOO WOOOOO, I'm going to the National.
Just received a call this morning from Tom at IDPA headquarter that I got in. I will be on Squad #19, shooting Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, in CDP Sharpshooter using a Wilson Combat Protector.
Old June 23, 2000, 02:20 PM   #8
Bubba

Congrats Ricky.. Looking forward to seeing you there. Bev the best??? Well... I think Julie Nowlin MIGHT disagree with ya there. But I won't. I have to shoot with Bev too often to pi$$ her off. (grin) (Pbtttt Bev. That's for calling my new Lightweight Commander a "girly" gun.)

FYI... The purple holster is long gone... along with the silver and royal blue ones. She still has the red one that matches her red Ropers. But you should SEE what Bev is currently working on for Nationals.

A number of us "Texicans" will be working as SO's at this years Nationals. I was given the identity of 2 of the 3 SOs who will be working with me on my stage; Iron Mike from Fredricksburg and Dave R from here in Austin. I SURE hope whoever Marc assigns as the 4th to this team has a GOOD sense of humor.. Something tells me those blasted plywood cows from the ROT Championships may make the trip to MS.

Bubba

Old June 23, 2000, 02:44 PM   #9
Ricky T

Bubba, You're right on Julie, but she didn't shoot in 1999. Joyce Fowler is pretty good too. I'm looking forward to see what fluorescent color rigs Bev is using this year.