The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 15, 2014, 04:14 PM   #51
Jo6pak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzieman
Rising M55 SMG with the folding stock.
Had the oddest fitting pistol grip to the hand that was all wood.
The metal stock looked link a coat hanger and wasn’t much stronger.
By far the dumbest loading lever every placed on a gun. In a grove in the stock under the barrel.
WAY to fast of a cycle rate.
And fun as heck, 100 rounds
I've also fired a Reising, but a semi-auto with a full wood stock (M50?). The guy that had it didn't shoot it much, we were lucky to get 10 rounds off without a malfunction. An interesting piece for sure.

I just watched a video on the Madsen LMG. I'd really like to see one in person even if I can't shoot it. I'm surprised that it worked at all, much-less was a pretty successful design
Old February 16, 2014, 01:59 PM   #52
JN01

I've handled a Dardick and a Gyrojet, fired a Glock 18.
Old February 17, 2014, 12:54 PM   #53
scout308

So I ended up with a 20 ga Howdah pistol in a trade.....havent shot blackpowder since I was a kid........gotta work up something and get the tools.......

Old February 17, 2014, 08:58 PM   #54
barnbwt

Strangest was probably the Steyr Hahn, but then I got a Madsen LMG parts kit (not built yet). But even it is simple and straightforward compared to the C96 Mauser pistol I got recently, which has got to be the most complicated execution possible for such a simple operating principle.

I'm currently working on a 5.7x28 semi-auto based off the Madsen falling block action which uses PS90 magazines--that's pretty weird

TCB
Old February 18, 2014, 11:56 AM   #55
Dixie Gunsmithing
Moderator Emeritus

The strangest gun that I have seen, was a 12. Ga. Iver Johnson that had a 16 Ga. barrel welded to the end of the 12's, and I saw the owner fire it one time using Wagner 2-2-10 loads. It is totally dangerous to do this, and he found the pattern totally dissatisfactory.
Old February 18, 2014, 03:40 PM   #56
lcpiper

Someone mentioned the "Grease Gun". I didn't think of it at the time cause it was an issued weapon when I was a 12F. The other two sub guns were not so they stick in my head. There was a world of difference in shooting all three. The Sterling 9mm was the easiest to shoot and stay on target with. The MAC10, well I was just not fully prepared for what it is like to squeeze that trigger for a burst, it took me straight up until I was shown how to deal with the insane recoil of that weapon. The M3A1 Greese Gun, well I was just spraying rounds in the general direction of the target with it's strangely slow rate of fire, "POP POP POP POP POP". The movies always get that one wrong.