The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 22, 2015, 10:49 AM   #1
Polinese

Commercial mausers in military stocks

Would a commercial mauser action, specifically the dumoulin ones on sarco fit into a newly made military style stock from boyds? Toying with the idea of building up a new military style mauser
Old July 22, 2015, 10:59 AM   #2
CowTowner

I used a Boyd's walnut Prairie Hunter with a #1 barrel channel for my Dumoulin build. The stock had to be fitted for the depth and width of the action. So no, they don't just drop in.
But they will fit with the proper amount of work.
Perhaps this will help: http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...&postcount=119
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old July 22, 2015, 11:23 AM   #3
Polinese

I figured it wouldn't drop in but wasn't sure if just opening up the stocks a bit would allow it or if it'd be a bigger project. Thanks for the input. How do you like your dumoulin?
Old July 22, 2015, 12:42 PM   #4
CowTowner

I like it just fine. It is, what it is. A commercial Mauser action that looks better than an old untouched milsurp. I am happy with the purchase and the finished rifle.
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old July 23, 2015, 06:19 PM   #5
Mobuck

The trigger guard/floorplate parts don't usually fit very well leaving a lot of space around the commercial parts.
Old July 23, 2015, 08:59 PM   #6
Polinese

Ah makes sense I suppose