The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 2, 2009, 07:28 PM   #1
Johnah

reload sabots with #6 shot

Recently I purchased some "once fired remington 2-3/4" hulls" for reloading. When the hulls came I noticed that they were "Sabot Slug" hulls. I attemped to load a round of #6 shot 1 1/4 oz. 38.5 grains of "Blue Dot" powder into the hull. When I closed the crimp it was a little shy of a level load [crimp indented]. Has anyone loaded these hulls with lead shot, and what is the proper load data for this type of round? Will I need a spacer card or not? Does anyone have the data for this hull? Base wad height ect.Thanking everyone in advance for your help. John
Old May 3, 2009, 09:25 PM   #2
crowbeaner

I don't know of a source of data for the newer 2 piece RP hulls; I have about 100 of them myself and would like some data if anyone has a source. I doubt they have the same capacity as the 2 piece Riefenhauser style WW field hulls. I have plenty of data for the Unibody hulls though. I still have to acquire a Lyman shotshell #5 manual myself.