The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old February 15, 2006, 11:53 AM   #1
crow

Concealment Grips For S&W Model 10

I have a 2" model 10 with the regular grip panels and a Tyler T grip. Is there any other grips that would make this more carry friendly? The wood panels do print alot under a light shirt while using an Uncle Mikes IWB holster.

Would another holser work better?

Thanks!

Crow
Old February 15, 2006, 12:06 PM   #2
18DAI

I use Uncle Mikes Grips on my 19 and 66. I had a bad experience with Uncle Mikes Holsters. I had an OWB that the clip snapped on while sitting in the car ,and an IWB which didn't hold the gun firmly (wound up seeing a model 19 that looked just like mine at my feet in court). I've had good experience with the grips ,they don't grap my jacket ,and offer a firm grip on the revolver. They are less "tacky" than Hogue's so lint dosen't collect on them. Try a Don Hume holster. I just got one ,an H720 ,it angles the grip in so the revolver dosen't print ,holds it firmly ,and has no strap or thumbreak to slow down your presentation. It's a paddle too ,so easy on/off. Regards 18DAI.
Old February 15, 2006, 12:31 PM   #3
Striker

I use Precision Gun Specialties molded nylon grips on all of my carry K frames, might be what you are looking for.

Brownell's has them.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...REVOLVER+GRIPS

RLTW
"Hope is not a course of action, nor a method of execution..."
Old February 15, 2006, 02:32 PM   #4
omegapd

Check out "K frame grips" on Ebay. They'll have their own section with a ton to choose from. Currently, my Smith 10 (my CCW) has Pachmeyers on it. They're less sticky feeling than the Uncle Mikes and Hogues.
John 15:12-13

This is my command: love another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.
Old February 15, 2006, 03:25 PM   #5
Marko Kloos

I'm usually not too fond of rubber grips, but I have not found a better combination of control and concealment than the Pachmayr Compac Professional grip on my 3" Model 10.

They're less sticky than the Hogue rubber grips, and they're a lot slimmer than even the factory grips. I've tried many grips on K-frames, but these are the ones that work best for me.

the munchkin wrangler.
Old February 15, 2006, 06:42 PM   #6
Majic

Rather than getting different stocks/grips you should look into getting a better holster. You won't find many stocks/grips that will be shorter or thinner than the Magna or service panels on your M10.