The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 4, 2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Gunlocator

? About Reloading Supplies (Ammo Boxes Ect.)

Where can someone find Ammo Boxes for reloading. I am not talking about the $2.00 a pop plastic boxes found everywhere but card board boxes and inserts. Reason I like the way boxes stack easier I figure it may be cheaper per box compared to plastic boxes. I see ammo reloaders at gun shows all the time with plain white boxes with thier info stamped on them for all thier ammo. Any leads where to get some. I figure I can goto staples and get a ink stamp made with reload info and stamp right on the box and write in the details of whet I have loaded. Let me know if you know a good place to buy..
Old February 4, 2009, 03:58 PM   #2
FrankenMauser

Many web sites carry a small supply of what you're looking for. Midway seems to have more than anywhere else I usually visit.

Start here. (Storage boxes, and carriers)
And here. (Ammunition boxes, by caliber)
Old February 4, 2009, 04:03 PM   #3
Gunlocator

Should have mentioned already seen Midways selection
Old February 4, 2009, 04:25 PM   #4
jal5

That is a good idea, I would be interested too.
Old February 4, 2009, 04:46 PM   #5
IllinoisCoyoteHunter

I like the MTM cases from Midway. They work great for me.

Sorry: didn't read your whole post.

~NRA LIFE MEMBER~
~NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR~
Old February 5, 2009, 10:36 AM   #6
SCOTTYDOG

Most of the white cardboard boxes I've seen have the styrofoam inserts. I too would rather have the cardboard dividers as they are more compact and stack closer.
Been looking for the cardboard GI boxes for .30 carbine.
They hold 50 rds and usually have the description on the top of the box. ie: lot no., lake city etc.
Has anyone seen these for sale? Bought some at a gun show in Georgia years ago and haven't seen any since then. Wish I would have bought them all. Didn't know then what I know now.
Let me know if anyone has seen these for sale anywhere.
Old September 28, 2012, 08:03 AM   #7
ricky74

Cardboard ammo boxes

I'm looking for some cardboard 45 ammo boxes. I want the boxes like the army 45 ammo came in. Just a box. No styrofoam dividers any of that stuff. Herder's ( only the old folks remember Herder's ) Had ammo boxes that were just a box that held 50 forty five rounds. They were 5 X 2 1/2 x 1 1/2.

If you know where I can find any reply to [email protected]
Old September 28, 2012, 11:22 PM   #8
joshf128

http://www.topbrass-inc.com/reloadin...category_id=54

The link above will take you to the cardboard box page for Top Brass Inc. They also sell trays (the plastic part inside) separately or you can buy them together here...

http://www.topbrass-inc.com/reloadin...category_id=56

$15.50 for 25 boxes of 45ACP isn't too bad and the best price I found when I was looking to stock up on boxes. I decided to stock up with the $2 a piece boxes from Berry's MFG. Now I've got enough for 1000 each of 45ACP and 38spc and they have a lifetime guarantee.
Old September 28, 2012, 11:46 PM   #9
zxcvbob

The trash barrel at the range. Carefully take the box apart at the side seam and you can turn it inside-out and reglue it to make a nice plain off-white box.
Old September 29, 2012, 08:30 PM   #10
GP100man

We`re all scroungers & a barrel at the range is irrestable !! at least for me !!!

But I`m becoming partial to the new ammo boxes that have actuall hinges !!
Old September 30, 2012, 08:46 AM   #11
jwrowland77

Yes definitely scrounge. I know I've scrounged the bins at the range for all those other folks that just throw away all their good once fired brass. I racked up one day and got half of a five gallon bucket doing that. I just grabbed any once fired brass that was in there along with the containers. Any brass I don't reload for, I checked with my mentor to see if he needed it, then sold the rest.
Old September 30, 2012, 06:00 PM   #12
medalguy

I have boxes for sale. I was looking for military cartons, couldn't find any, and didn't like the styrofoam trays so I had some boxes made that duplicate the GI cartons. These hold 50 rounds, are made of white paperboard and are unprinted. They fold up just like the GI cartons, flaps tuck together on the ends, side flaps fold over 3 rows of ammo and fold into the rows of cartridges, and the top folds down into the front of the box.

I have these for .45 and 9mm ammo, also a few for .223 and 7.62 ammo as well. The rifle cartons are glued on the side, and flaps tuck in at top and bottom. These also do not require any dividers. The pistol cartons (50 rounds) are .30 each plus postage, and the rifle cartons (20 rounds) are .35 each plus postage. Anyone interested can contact me. I'm not in the box business. These are leftovers from a run I had made for my own use.
Old October 1, 2012, 07:44 AM   #13
WESHOOT2

commercial paper

Scharch Mfg, Inc.
Old October 1, 2012, 07:53 AM   #14
UtopiaTexasG19

Scharch Mfg. is now topbrass-inc.com