The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 19, 2006, 04:36 PM   #1
22-250boy

Got my first two deer this weekend!!

Well all as you know firearms season in indiana started the 18th and i got my first two deer. My very first deer was a buck and it came in at 11:30 it was chasin a doe and it wouldnt stop so i shot and my second bullet hit it and it didnt go but 20 feet. i was pretty excited. so a guy that hunts with us showed me how to gut a deer and i had to get the heart out it was pretty cool. the buck was a 6 point prolly a five point legally cause three of his points were broke off. he was in a couple fights. then sunday came around and it was pretty rainy so i came back in at 8 to go get my deer head mounted. then i came back in at 11:30 and around 1:00 pm a three does ran across the fourwheeler trail they were small so i didnt shoot them then one that crossed the creek came up the hill and i dropped her where she stood. it was about a 75 yard shot. then i gutted that deer without anybodies help. id have to say i wouldnt trade this weekend for anything. ill post pics later i only got pics of the buck.
Old November 19, 2006, 05:35 PM   #2
Mannlicher

Try using paragraphs, its easier for old guys like me to read.

Congratulations on two deer. Now you are hooked forever.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old November 22, 2006, 01:43 PM   #3
Jseime

You now have a new addiction. If youre anything like me you tagged out a few days ago and youre already twitching wanting to go hunting again.

Good work on learning how to gut, it takes a while to get good but I know guys that can have a deer go from still walking to the back of the truck in no time at all. Im still not real good but i did three and a half deer on last saturday and by the end i was getting quick enough.