The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 4, 2013, 01:42 PM   #1
new_shooter

pap-charlie's-hulls

Anyone use the hulls from Charlie? Good prices but which ones to choose ? Hoping for someone to chime in on this thanks
Old April 5, 2013, 10:38 AM   #2
rlc323

Never have bought hulls from him, or anyone for that matter, I am pretty good at emptying my own new shells, lol.

He has been around a long time though and sold on ebay before they changed policies. He gets most of his hulls from the grounds at the Silver Dollar shooters park in Florida. I expect with the volume of business he does that most everyone is happy with him. Never heard any bad reports about his stuff.

Shipping cost is the big killer on a hull or brass purchase as they are heavy and cost a lot to send even by parcel select.

Nothing against buying from Charlie but I would exhaust the usual avenues such as the local gun clubs before paying for shipping.

My preference in order. STS, Gold Medal, AA and nothing else beyond that.
Old April 5, 2013, 12:21 PM   #3
new_shooter

Good info there I have a few local gun ranges I'm gonna look at as well
Old April 5, 2013, 08:07 PM   #4
BigD_in_FL

Pap is down the road about an hour from me in Odessa. FL. This is a retirement community with a golf course on one side of the road and a gun club on the other - they shoot a LOT and many do not reload, so the empties are sorted and sold - these are the lowest prices you will find.

Check out the accolades on shotgunworld.com

You will get a generous count and fast delivery
Old April 5, 2013, 11:20 PM   #5
oldreloader

While I prefer the Rem hulls and AA second, I load just about anything I can locate data for. They all work good for me
Old April 6, 2013, 06:01 PM   #6
Nathan

Sounds like you have his contact info. I bought 1000 12 ga STS. The price was good and so was delivery. He is ver friendly. Good guy with a good product!