The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 20, 2013, 09:48 PM   #151
TunnelRat

Quote:
I may just have to keep mine with the "pre-recall" trigger.
You'd willfully keep a firearm in a state that the manufacturer has deemed unsafe enough for a recall? Are you serious? Wow, you realize that if any kind of AD were to happen due to a mechanical issue it would likely all be on you, not Springfield. To me this is like not bringing in a car to have its brakes fixed because your throttle response might go down slightly. It's insane.
Maintain situational awareness

Last edited by TunnelRat; October 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old October 21, 2013, 10:07 AM   #152
SIMP

No shipping notices yet from anyone?
Old October 21, 2013, 11:39 AM   #153
steveNChunter

Tunnel Rat, an accidental discharge would be on me anyway if someone was hit because I didn't have the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. The problem that A FEW of these pistols experienced was due to not properly holding the firearm therefore not engaging the grip safety. I'm not saying I won't send mine back, I just want to see how the trigger was affected before I do.

If someone gets hit it's usually not just an accidental discharge, it's a negligent discharge, and that's what any good lawyer will say, and likely win the case. Recalled pistol or not. The discharged bullet wouldn't have hit someone if the shooter kept the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.

And it is a voluntary recall.
Old October 21, 2013, 12:12 PM   #154
TunnelRat

Whatever makes you happy, I think it's a really poor decision just because of a potentially slightly harder trigger pull on what is a close in defensive pistol anyway. But this is America and you're entitled to it.
Old October 21, 2013, 02:31 PM   #155
steveNChunter

Quote:
I'm not saying I won't send mine back, I just want to see how the trigger was affected before I do.
Probably will end up sending it in, as long as people aren't having to pull the trigger with both hands to make it fire. I just want to know the effects of the recall before I send mine in, and let the turn around time catch up a little.

Don't hire a lawyer for me just yet
Old October 21, 2013, 03:07 PM   #156
SIMP

Steve, I'm taking notes and screenshots of this page, just in case!!
Old October 21, 2013, 05:25 PM   #157
bamiller

Just received an email from Springfield today saying mine had shipped today and Fed Ex tracking says it should be delivered Wednesday.
Old October 21, 2013, 05:38 PM   #158
TunnelRat

Quote:
Probably will end up sending it in, as long as people aren't having to pull the trigger with both hands to make it fire. I just want to know the effects of the recall before I send mine in, and let the turn around time catch up a little.
Fair enough.
Old October 22, 2013, 07:57 AM   #159
SIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamiller
Just received an email from Springfield today saying mine had shipped today and Fed Ex tracking says it should be delivered Wednesday.
When was your XDs received at Springfield? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoG36
I bought a Galco IWB leather holster 2 days before mine was shipped off. It's still sitting in the package.
I know man, mine still smells like brand new leather without a scratch on her. Can't wait to try it out if I EVER get my XDs back.
Old October 22, 2013, 10:58 AM   #160
SIMP

Wow! I just got a phone call from Springfield telling me that my XDs9 will ship today and be here Thursday. Thank goodness.
Old October 22, 2013, 05:26 PM   #161
IdahoG36

Just curious SIMP, when was your XDs received by Springfield? Mine was received at 9:54am September 3rd, and still shows not being fixed yet.
Old October 22, 2013, 06:20 PM   #162
SIMP

Mine got there 9/30.
Old October 22, 2013, 10:48 PM   #163
Nakanokalronin

There are people that already have their XDSs in hand over at XDTalk. One guy got a call from SA saying they sent him the wrong gun and to refuse shipment when it arrives and SA dosn't even have the tracking number for it. Go read on that forum if you want info on what a total cluster this has been since the beginning.
Old October 22, 2013, 11:38 PM   #164
IdahoG36

I am a member of XDTalk as well. I've seen all of the stuff posted over there too.
Old October 23, 2013, 03:28 PM   #165
SIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin
One guy got a call from SA saying they sent him the wrong gun and to refuse shipment when it arrives and SA dosn't even have the tracking number for it.
Now that stinks! Poor guy.
Old October 23, 2013, 06:01 PM   #166
IdahoG36

It was probably my gun that they sent him hahaha
Old October 23, 2013, 06:16 PM   #167
Nakanokalronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMP

Now that stinks! Poor guy.
Not really since they sent the correct one the next day. It's supposed to show up today at his residence and he's supposed to refuse it, so who's ever it is will be waiting longer than normal. I haven't seen an update from him over at XDTalk though.

ETA: Well looks like he never got the wrong gun and the CS rep told him they weren't going to send him his until the other one was returned. He talked them into sending his overnight though. I'd read over there at XDTalk , but wouldn't bother posting anything. All the wrong about this recall has been talked down by some members there that act like it's normal business and apologize like they work for SA.

Last edited by Nakanokalronin; October 23, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old October 23, 2013, 11:51 PM   #168
doofus47

i just received my pistol (checked serial) and a new 9 rd mag.
Looks like they fired it a few times (makes sense.)
Seems to dry fire fine. Off to the range this weekend!

Last edited by doofus47; October 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old October 23, 2013, 11:56 PM   #169
OcelotZ3

Well, that just totally sucks. A gun arrives there on 9/3, and mine arrived on 9/9, and someone's that arrived on 9/30 is getting theirs back tomorrow?

Gotta say, that just sucks for Springfield customer service. It's certainly not FIFO, unless the 9/30 guy had registered his way before he sent it in. I should have kept mine and used it vs. sending it in.
Old October 24, 2013, 06:43 AM   #170
skoro

Quote:
Mine got there 9/30.
So, they're definitely NOT going by "first in, first out."

Mine's been with SA since Sept 5th and the only status it shows on their webpage is "received."

Really leaving a sour taste.
Old October 24, 2013, 07:49 AM   #171
IdahoG36

^^^ I think that 9/30 was a typo.
Old October 24, 2013, 08:42 AM   #172
SIMP

Mine is finally on the truck for delivery today. Can't wait. Will report in after received.
Old October 24, 2013, 06:41 PM   #173
SIMP

Okay, gun received along with extended mag. The case they sent it back in looked like it had been run over by five trucks and a forklift.....but.......the contents were all safe and sound inside. Got it cleaned and ready for the range.

Has anyone shot theirs since it has returned?
Old October 25, 2013, 04:21 AM   #174
dayman

Maybe they have one line doing the 45's and another doing the 9's. Since there are fewer 9's out there it would make sense than they might have a faster turn around.
Old October 25, 2013, 03:58 PM   #175
steveNChunter

and then...

Quote:
Shipping is underway and customers are telling us they are very pleased with their upgraded XD-S™ pistols.

In our last update, we announced that upgraded pistols would start being shipped back to their owners on Friday, October 18th. Our process of upgrading pistols - in the order that they were received - started as planned and we are very pleased with the positive feedback we are getting from customers regarding the upgrades.

As you know, we have greatly increased our staff to get upgraded pistols back to our customers as quickly as possible. We are committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times we can, and since last Friday we have already upgraded and shipped thousands of the recalled pistols we have received.

As you might expect, a very large number of pistols came into the Armory the first few days after the recall was announced. We are currently upgrading the batch received during those first few days, and once we work through them, we will be in a better position to provide a more specific update on the status of returns.

We are working as quickly as we can to provide more definitive shipping information to everyone, and we are committed to doing just that on Friday, November 1st. For now, please know that in just the first week of production we have realized a number of increased efficiencies and we will continue to improve upon our pace of delivery in the days and weeks ahead.

Based on our testing - and the initial feedback from customers - we remain confident that owners will be extremely pleased with their upgraded pistols. When upgraded pistols are finished, customers will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address they provided for the XD-S™ recall.

The entire Springfield Armory® family greatly appreciates the patience and loyalty of our valued customers.

This Springfield XD-S™ Recall Update will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.