The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 17, 2007, 10:12 AM   #1
SKirby

Browning Buckmark sights

Well, I did a dumb thing. Not being familiar with my new Buckmark nickle, I decided I'd change the sights to high visibility since my old eyes aren't very good. Front came off no problem...pin and a screw. Back came apart ok, but whoops, it has two small parts that fell out before I could see how they go in. Under the rear sight there are two holes, both threaded. I know the retaining screw goes in the one toward the rear. The parts I'm not sure of are a tiny spring that 'might' go in the hole toward the muzzle (under the rear sight), but it doesn't seem to want to stay in place there. The other part fits between the rails that hold the rear sight in. It's shaped like a W and the outside two fingers go in one direction and the middle goes in another...no jokes here, please. I know it's a pressure type spring as well, but does the middle finger go up or down? And does this hold the little spring somehow? Even if I send it back to the factory, I'd have to reinstall the old sights and I'm back to square one with the tiny spring and 'W'.
Old February 17, 2007, 11:00 AM   #2
Harry Bonar

sight

Dear Sir:
I had the same thing happen to me on a Ruger 345 and had to order a spring from Ruger!
Harry B.
Old February 18, 2007, 12:34 AM   #3
HSMITH

If I don't answer your question tomorrow morning and no one else does either shoot me an email or a PM, I have an extra sight here I can take apart and look at but it is getting a little lat to do it tonight.