The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 15, 2000, 08:21 PM   #1
Brian R

I bought a NAA GAURDIAN about a month ago and the thing keeps jamming on me. It does it with FMJ'S and JHP's.

The company recommended sending it back to have the feed ramp polished but its gonna cost me $40 to ship it (thanks UPS ) and I cant see putting out that kind of money for something I may be able to do myself.

Any recommendations on what to use and how to go about doing this to my pistol?

Thanks.

------------------
Guns dont make me nervous, except when their in the hands of a moron.
Old March 15, 2000, 08:50 PM   #2
BBBBill

Several options. Best is to use a Dremel with a fine grit Cratex point(bonded rubberized abrasive) to polish the feed ramp. Don't try to remove any small ridges you may find. Just smooth the ramp to the existing contour. Go slow & easy. Then follow up with a felt bob loaded with a polshing compound such as Blue Magic for a mirror bright finish. If you own guns, you need a Dremel. preferably the flex shaft model.
Old March 16, 2000, 02:01 AM   #3
gunmart

get rid of it and get a keltec 32 they shoot good
Old March 16, 2000, 06:24 AM   #4
Ezeckial

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian R:
I bought a NAA GAURDIAN about a month ago and the thing keeps jamming on me. It does it with FMJ'S and JHP's.

The company recommended sending it back to have the feed ramp polished but its gonna cost me $40 to ship it (thanks UPS ) and I cant see putting out that kind of money for something I may be able to do myself.

Any recommendations on what to use and how to go about doing this to my pistol?

Thanks.

[/quote]

You should still be in warranty. Any polishing or work you do yourself may void that warranty.
I had a problem with misfires on a Taurus. I took it back to the gun shop and they sent it to the manufacturer (UPS cost would be deductable for them). I suggest you return it to the gun shop.
Old March 16, 2000, 08:38 AM   #5
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Brian, I agree with Ezeckial. But even if you bought it new at a gun show a licensed dealer can mail it to the maker a lot cheaper than UPS. George