The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 29, 2015, 11:49 AM   #1
mk70ss

New Carry Gun

For quite a while, I've been carrying a S&W 649 in .357 magnum. Great little gun, I love it. Been thinking ID like something about the same size, but with a few more rounds. So I got a Springfield Armory EMP in 9mm. I've had a bunch of 1911's, so I'm no stranger to them. Anyone here have any experience with an EMP?

I put 200 rounds through it Monday and it shoots better than I hoped it would. Tight groups, great trigger and good night sights. Zero issues, went bang, not click, every time.
Old July 29, 2015, 04:44 PM   #2
samsmix

Can you post a pic next to your Smith?

IF we're not supposed to eat animals,
howcome God made 'em outta meat?
Old July 29, 2015, 06:15 PM   #3
mk70ss

Pics as requested
Old July 29, 2015, 06:17 PM   #4
Mystro

^^^^Very nice^^^

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"
Old July 29, 2015, 06:27 PM   #5
Slimjim9

1911s aren't my thing but I'm digging that 649!
Old July 29, 2015, 08:00 PM   #6
TexasToasted

EMP may be my next gun

Last Saturday, my wife and I went to the Springfield event at Athena Gun Club in Houston where we got to shoot pretty much all the guns Springfield makes. We went back and forth between guns and both agreed the EMP was our absolute favorite.
We have an Springfield XDM 9, which I love, but that little EMP was just so smooth and accurate, it will probably be my next purchase.
It's a lot easier to buy a new gun if my wife likes it too
Old July 29, 2015, 08:10 PM   #7
bedbugbilly

NICE!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old July 31, 2015, 12:14 AM   #8
samsmix

Very nice, and given barrel length/efficiency, powder burn rates, power factors, capacity, practical accuracy...I would say you made an excellent choice!

IF we're not supposed to eat animals,
howcome God made 'em outta meat?