The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old January 21, 2013, 03:30 PM   #1
rburch

1st AR partial build completed, for now...

Well I've finished my 1st AR, I'd planned to do a full build, but PSA's black friday sale on complete uppers was too good to pass on. I did assemble the entire lower.

Nothing too fancy, just a nice simple carbine.

Quintin Defense Forged Lower I picked up in a group buy on another forum. (has that forum's logo engraved on the side)

Lots of Magpul stuff: hand guard, CTR stock, and MOE pistol grip, AFG2 forward grip, and MBUS rear sight.

PSA mid length upper with a Fail Zero Bolt Carrier and BCM Gunfighter charging handle (the small one)

Replaced the front sight post with a Meprolight Tritium post

Only other plans I have is a light (Have a Magpul Scout mount, but no light to go on it yet)

And at some point either an Aimpoint Micro or Eotech, but that one is still a good ways away. I want to focus for now on running it with the irons.

Well if I can get ammo to shoot...
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Old January 21, 2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Xfire68

Great looking AR! Good job.

I wish there were parts to be had so I could start rounding up a build. 6.5 Grendel is on my short list.
Old January 21, 2013, 04:21 PM   #3
Marquezj16

Nice. Yeah, too bad about the ammo scarcity and price jump. My solution is to reload.
Old January 21, 2013, 05:19 PM   #4
BillyJack3

Good lookin' middie! I have a build that looks very similar. Love it. With a FA BCG, Spike's ST-T2 buffer and Spike's Dynacomp Brake, it's the smoothest AR I've fired.
Old January 21, 2013, 10:13 PM   #5
rburch

Well I have put 30 rounds through it, but the 30+ mph wind gusts made it more a function check than a site in. The target was swaying back and forth...

I have managed to scrape together a couple hundred rounds, but I hate to go shoot it when I have no clue when I can get more.

My little brother ships out for Basic next month, so we're taking it out at least once before he goes.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Old January 23, 2013, 04:02 AM   #6
Apom

Grats.. I have 3 lowers myself sitting around waiting. Can't wait to build my
1st one.
Old January 25, 2013, 07:44 PM   #7
Gunnutfn49

This one looks like my wifes. She loves that damn thing!

...What he meant to add was, "unless, of course, all responsible citizens are armed to the teeth."