The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old October 9, 2001, 02:19 PM   #1
3 gun

Berea is BACK

The first gun show in Berea, after the win in the courts, will be on Oct 20th and 21st. Any TFLer's planning on going? I hope to have a new hat to wear to the show. I plan on going Sat the 20th and spending all day. This has been a BIG show in the past with large crowds and it looks like I'll have $$$ to spend. Anyone want to meet for breakfast before hand or set up a meeting somewhere on the fair grounds later in the day for late comers? Hope to see you at the show. Berea info
Opportunity knocks..Trouble kicks down the door.
Old October 9, 2001, 03:06 PM   #2
falconer

I might be in. I have a match the next day, so I'm not sure if I want to be out galavanting around.
Old October 9, 2001, 03:25 PM   #3
hksigwalther

I'll be there and at Medina this weekend too.
Old October 11, 2001, 04:27 AM   #4
Hal

ALLLLLLLRRRRRRIIIIGGGGGGTTTTT!!

Nice to win one for a change.
I'll try my best to make it on Saturday. I'm so broke though I can't buy anything, but just going to look is still a fine way to show some support.

Old October 11, 2001, 03:54 PM   #5
LilJoe

I'll have to see if I can sneek away and hide up there!
Old October 12, 2001, 08:51 AM   #6
falconer

ahem

...about breakfast?
Old October 17, 2001, 05:31 PM   #7
3 gun

I can't believe we'll have such a small turnout at such a big show. Everybody waiting till the last minute to make plans? Going to be a cool, cloudy, breezy day Saturday, so be sure to bring a warm jacket. The fair ground buildings can get very cool. Anyone wanting too meet for breakfast or arrange a meeting later in the day? Make a posting here. Lets show our support and send a message to the fair board and the media (who I'm sure will cover this re-opening).
Old October 21, 2001, 07:55 AM   #8
Cougar

Berea

I'm just checking the boards here before heading out in about 15 minutes....

Of course, since I have to work on Saturdays, that means that I have to go today (Sunday).

Glad to see that Dick Walters won his lawsuit. C'mon guys!!! When you walk in to the show, be sure to ask for him and thank him for his perserverence. Shake the man's hand. I'm sure he'll appreciate that!

Gotta go...
Old October 21, 2001, 08:31 PM   #9
hksigwalther

Sorry for not posting before the show. I was at my parents house in Parma Hts. (business trip to Cleveland for the whole week) and used up all of their time on Net Zero. Had not internet access since Thursday.

Show was PACKED Saturday morning. Kept on going back and forth between Best Firearms and antother dealer another hall over a Bushmaster AR. Came to my senses though as I had bought a new .22lr rifle a week ago and walked away with nothing. Best did have aTaurus PT-145 for $360, IIRC. I knew if I left it it would be gone by the tiime I got back and it was.
Old October 22, 2001, 07:54 PM   #10
3 gun

Packed is an understatement. A poor layout in building 1 made it super crowded all day. My friend sold more on Saturday than he'll usually sell in a month! It was non-stop for him. Rugers again led the way in sales. Didn't see anyone all day, even had my new hat on . Weather was better than hoped and the lack of $$ let me get the motorcycle out. Two birds with one stone, so to say. Hope the large turnout sent a clear message to the fair board.
Opportunity knocks..Trouble kicks down the door.
Old October 27, 2001, 06:05 PM   #11
Cougar

Hey!!!

I was there for several hours Sunday. Didn't see any other obvious TFLers. I never go to a gun show without wearing my TFL 'Molon Labe' shirt. (Thanks, Larry!) No hat. I'm just not a hat sort of guy....
Old October 27, 2001, 08:34 PM   #12
Patrick Bateman

Going to the Summit County one tomorrow. On another note, does anyone around here know of good pistol ranges near Cleveland? I live downtown and would love to find some good outdoor ranges so I can do a little tactical/multiple target shooting instead of stall/indoor stuff. I like Stonewall but want more room. Also, any other good indoor ones closer to downtown?
And I hate no-rapid-fire rules.
Thanks.