The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 18, 2000, 08:06 PM   #1
canuck1911

I just bought a small but well made ultrasonic celaner. I'm tryign to find some good gun cleaning solution and lubricating solution in smaller quantities. Anybody have any recommendations?
Old November 19, 2000, 10:48 AM   #2
faiello5

You can try Simple Green for the cleaner and Birchwood Casey Sheath for the protector/lube.

Regards,
Frank

Old November 19, 2000, 07:40 PM   #3
canuck1911

Re; Cleaning solutions

Thanks for the advice. I would never have thought of using
Simple Green in an untrasonic tank. Have you used it this way and has it cleaned everything off the gun?
Old November 19, 2000, 09:09 PM   #4
faiello5

Read about the tip from ArmySon. Email him and he can answer your questions.

Regards,
Frank

Old November 19, 2000, 11:35 PM   #5
JH

Ultrasconic Cleaning Solutions

I've had good luck with MPro7 for cleaning. It is expensive but can be filtered through cheesecloth and reused several times. For lubrication, I've tried various solutions and decided to lube by hand to limit over-lubing. Police Products Corporation offers several cleaning and lubing solutions. Good luck.

Jeff
Old November 19, 2000, 11:47 PM   #6
canuck1911

MPro7

I've read about MPro7 but never used it. Glad to hear you like it. Do you think it would work if I sprayed it on the gun, then after a few minutes dropped it into an ultrasonic tank of water, or Simple Green, rather than filling the whole tank with it? I'm thinking the ultrasonic action would
help the sprayed on MPro7 work better and also clean away everything that it loosened. Lubing by hand is not a problem.
Old November 20, 2000, 12:08 AM   #7
JH

What I do is put a small amount of MPro7 in a zip loc bag or two and put the bags with various gun parts in the ultrasonic tank filled with water. It works very well and doesn't require a large amount of this expensive solution. I then rinse the parts with water, dry thoroughly and lube.

Jeff