Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old January 2, 2013, 02:42 PM   #1
Coltman 77

U.S. Marine's Letter To Dianne Feinstein "No Ma'am"

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...stein-no-maam/

Here is the letter, copy and pasted.

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

Protect our 2nd Amendment Rights -- Join the NRA

Last edited by Coltman 77; January 2, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old January 2, 2013, 03:16 PM   #2
btmj

Feel better ? I do! Your letter to "Princess Di" brightened up my afternoon.

I have a buddy who also sent a blistering letter to his congressman and senator. Part threat, part wrath, I am not sure how much good it will do. But it won't do much harm.

My own emails have been polite, polished, professional. But I think a few of these blistering letters will also get some attention and make a point.

The politicians need to hear from everyone on this issue, from all walks of life. The well-penned and polished comunications are critically important. But a certain level of indignation and accusation can also serve a purpose.

And ANY email/letter is better than sitting on our hands, and wishing we had spoken up.
Old January 2, 2013, 03:34 PM   #3
Tom Servo
Staff

Closed as a drive-by.
Closed Thread