The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 27, 2009, 01:35 PM   #1
Ranger325

RCBS Ammomaster

Howdy,
Yesterday a acquired a RCBS Ammomaster press, Uniflow Powder Measure, Die Sets (.38, .40, .45, .44), several Die plates and the appropriate Shell Plates - all NIB. Purchased years ago and never unpacked, let alone used.

From what little I've found searching the web, it looks like this model was made for a few years then dropped for a new and improved progressive set-up. Any members use this press?? Thoughts, concerns, tips, etc?

I currently use a Dillon SQB for .45 ACP & Colt and .38s, but could not beat the price -- zero. Hey, you can never have too many toys, maybe I'll use this for rifle ammo.

Thank in advance for your input.......................

Regards,
Old July 27, 2009, 08:22 PM   #2
flyguy958

Want to double your money?
Old July 29, 2009, 01:12 PM   #3
rc

Score!

I have a piggyback II on my rock chucker. It is the same basic mechanism style as the ammo master. It's actually in my opinion the better unit as it automatically indexes. The Improved version is manually indexing so RCBS doesn't have to warrant the indexing pieces that wear out. I've loaded thousands of rounds of pistol ammo on my unit without much trouble once you learn how to handle the machine. You got more than $300 worth of stuff for nothing! rc