The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old February 2, 2010, 03:24 AM   #1
mrnkc130

First time shooting suppressed!!!!

Many thanks to John aka P99guy!

John was kind enough to come over and show me the wonders of suppressors today. I've been wanting to get one for a while now but finally getting to see the difference they make... I am now officially hooked. I hope to start the process to order one for myself finally this week (1st thing in the morning!)

We shot John's 10/22 (its is also on the list of wants now) with his supressor. Without a doubt one of the most fun guns I have ever shot. My wife is going to be ****** now that a new .22 rifle is also added to my list of wants along with a suppressor!

Also got to fire a Ruger integrally supressed pistol (forgot the model) which was also a blast. Pretty awesome hearing the bullet hit the target a fraction of a second later and virtually nothing from the gun itself!

We also tried the supressor on my 7 inch AR-15. I was skeptical that it would make it hearing safe since the gun is normally absurdly loud, but it did wonders. I was impressed, supressors should be considered safety devices and no longer require NFA registry! I wish I could get one for every gun I own!

Once again many thanks to John for helping out a fellow gun enthusiast learn the ropes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ar15can.jpg (70.1 KB, 83 views)
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man,the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a timehanded out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now
restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things:bread and circuses (Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81)
Old February 2, 2010, 11:35 AM   #2
flight954

You now have the sickness