The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old February 8, 2009, 09:23 PM   #26
zxcvbob

Quote:
There have been home invasions where the criminals dressed up as police and forced their way inside the home. I hate to sound naive, but if someone busts down my door and yells police, I throw my hands up and surrender. I'm not going to hold them at gun point while I ask for ID. I'm not a criminal and I live in a good area, but mistakes do happen. I'm not ready to take the chance and accidentally shoot an officer, and likely to be gunned down myself (if they send in a team).

Basically, if I see a bunch of flashing lights and people with police emblazoned across their vests, I will walk out with my hands up and let them sort out whatever mistake they have made. [emphasis added] Doing anything else is likely to be suicide.
That's a fundamental observation that we've all been missing. But what if they burst in yelling "Police" and there's no flashbang, no flashing lights, etc? In that case I will surrender if they have to drop on me, or shoot if I have the drop on them.
Old February 9, 2009, 12:02 PM   #27
pax

Well, it looks as if the thread isn't going to focus on home defense tactics, but instead everyone wants to argue about the value and legitimacy of no-knock warrants.

Closing this one.

If you want to have that argument about the law and civil rights, please take it over to the Law & Civil Rights sub-forum, just a few links further down the main page.

Thanks,

pax
Closed Thread