The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 11, 2012, 08:07 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

Getting fed up with projected recieve dates that keep pushing back...

anyone else running into this ???

I got on the 17 Fireball band wagon appearently too late I built a couple customs, one on a Remington 700, one a custom Contender barrel... guns are done ( I started looking for reloading components at the same time I bought barrels & chamber reamer, etc. ) Hornady new dimension dies have been out of stock & bumped a couple times, now back to 7-21-12... brass, I managed to pick up some during gun show season... Midway has moved back the recieve date on Remington brass at least 3 times now, currently listed as 10-8-12

I'm finding this more & more frustrating... Remington standardized / commercialized this cartridge like 2 years ago, it's probably one of the most practical / efficient of the 17's & Remington standardizing the cartridge was one of my main purposes for starting these projects...

starting to respect these companies less & less, every time they push back my delivery dates.
Old June 11, 2012, 08:31 AM   #2
Adamantium

I never buy things that aren't in stock for that very reason. Midway is awful about having accurate backorder dates. If I were you I'd keep an eye on ebay and gunbroker. You'll probably have to pay a few $ more but that might be the choice between having it or not.
Old June 11, 2012, 09:02 AM   #3
jmorris

A backorder gone bad was the last time I had any dealings with Midway too.

I ordered an upper and they strung me along for eight months only to cancel the order. I called them up and they said they were sorry and could reinstate the order....but the price was $200 higher. You guessed it, the same price I could have picked up one locally 8 months prior. A letter to management conveying my dissatisfaction going unanswered sealed the deal for me, I let others have my money.
Old June 11, 2012, 11:33 AM   #4
darkroommike

Just to be a little contrarian this morning, are you sure the issue is Midway's and not Remington's failure to supply brass to Midway? It just may be that demand for loaded ammo is keeping reloading components out of the supply chain.
Old June 11, 2012, 11:36 AM   #5
Magnum Wheel Man

no... that's OK... I wasn't trying to beat up Midway... in fact I do believe the Brass is Remingtons fault, introduced 2 years ago, & looks to be dropped already, with no major advertising, I bet most never even heard of it... not totally sure why Hornady is snoozing on the dies ???
Old June 11, 2012, 11:56 AM   #6
mrawesome22

No demand = bottom of priorities list.

Has nothing to do with midway.

They can't ship what they can't get.

Sent from a highly hacked Android device using Tapatalk 2.
Old June 11, 2012, 01:42 PM   #7
mikld

Devil's advocate; if they can't get it they shouldn't advertise it for sale! Seeing an item in a catalog or on a website means they (whichever vendor) are selling it, not may be selling it if it ever arrives.
Old June 11, 2012, 01:47 PM   #8
oneounceload

If they have reason to believe they ARE going to get it, then they will advertise it.

Besides, there are a LOT more places to look than Midway, USA for things
Old June 11, 2012, 02:10 PM   #9
m&p45acp10+1

Cabella's had the brass on the shelf of the Austin store as of Sat. I saw it when looking for .221 Fireball brass. As far as the dies go, have you checked to see if they have a set by Lee,RCBS, or one of the other makers?
Old June 11, 2012, 09:53 PM   #10
jmorris

Myself, I would have been fine with "go get it somewhere else.". It was the bait and switch that PO'ed me.