The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 11, 2009, 09:21 PM   #1
Demaiter

Decent "Lee Classic Loader Video" - Intro to reloading

For all of you thinking about reloading or perhaps wanting to get into reloading... here "one" way to do it... There are a few videos based on this loader however this one is by far the best I've found - It's only been on youtube about a week so I'm pointing it out for those looking for a good one using the loader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ5eq-gwwYQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN82t...eature=related

It is not me in the videos but I thought this one provided the most detail on the use of the loader.

I bought basically everything I needed to start a few weeks ago. Total initial cost was about 500 Canadian with components to load 300 rounds of .223 using 50 pieces of rem brass, 1lb of varget, 300 sierra 69 grain matchkings, and 300 Remington small rifle 7 1/2 primers. (If I make "match" grade ammo or whatever it sells for about ~$30 a box of 20... + I get the choice of bullet and other components, not to mention the satisfaction of using my own ammo.)

I have basically a full set up, scale, case trimmer, hand primer, deburring tool, bullet puller, primer pocket cleaner, the lee loader, and a powder trickler - almost all RCBS which is ~mid price range.

Once I get more involved I may pick up a stingle stage press depending on how much I shoot.