The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old October 7, 2005, 09:46 AM   #26
MEDDAC19

zejs1

Thanks for debunking that myth, it's bad enough just being raped, without the sterilization concerns.

I feel that public executions are the best answer for the perverts. If they can't be put to death, then they should bring back, (from the good ol' days), branding them. I think if they are lucky enough to get jail, instead of death, that they should get tatoo'd. I would like there to be a nice large tatoo on their foreheads, telling just exactly what sick crime they have done. This is to let all their prison buddies know what fine fellows/gals that they are.

It should also be a crime to remove the tatoo or conceal it, if they ever get out. Which all too frequently happens. Damn bleeding hearts.
Old October 7, 2005, 10:06 AM   #27
XavierBreath

Back to the suibject at hand.............
National Sex Offender Public Registery

Utilize this website. Plug in your zip code and see whos living near you. You might be surprised.
Old October 7, 2005, 10:32 AM   #28
blackmind

Quote:
SomeKid,
Legally its not a haven. If a predator gets caught now hes screwed. But its very easy to snatch a child here. Most of the police here are idiots. Yes im not ashamed to say it. They couldnt catch a criminal if they were stealing the laptops out of their cruisers.

I'll back this up.

I have had occasion, as an alert citizen, to notify the police of various situations, ranging from a drunk driver who almost hit me as he drove down my exit ramp toward I-95, to a 10-person brawl occurring in the middle of a street in the downtown "bar" area.

Response time has been PATHETIC for the West Palm Beach police. When I called in the 3 a.m. brawl, I was sitting in an open area near the library (it's like a paver-brick promenade there) watching from a distance (yes, armed). I called 911, reported that about 8-15 youths were shoving and screaming at each other in the street. I was asked if they appeared to have weapons, and said that they did not. I waited there and the scuffle went on for at least 5 more minutes. It wasn't til 10 minutes after the overall 5-10 minute scuffle had ended that the four police cars came by. Literally.

I have called about business alarms going off, and once about a business back door that was hanging open at about 3 a.m. That one took about 25 minutes before they got a patrol car there to check it out. I understand that it's not "someone's coming after me and firing shots" or something like that, but who knows if there was someone inside that store stealing stuff, or maybe had the proprietor tied up and beaten?

The response seems lackadaisical sometimes.

-blackmind
Old October 7, 2005, 10:39 AM   #29
blackmind

Quote:
I feel that public executions are the best answer for the perverts. If they can't be put to death, then they should bring back, (from the good ol' days), branding them. I think if they are lucky enough to get jail, instead of death, that they should get tatoo'd. I would like there to be a nice large tatoo on their foreheads, telling just exactly what sick crime they have done. This is to let all their prison buddies know what fine fellows/gals that they are.

It should also be a crime to remove the tatoo or conceal it, if they ever get out. Which all too frequently happens. Damn bleeding hearts.

It's all well and good to suggest this stuff for dangerous people like sex predators, but WHY ON EARTH DO WE NOT THINK THIS STUFF SHOULD APPLY TO VIOLENT CRIMINALS AND/OR THIEVES?!

I am past childhood, so I will likely never be sexually molested for the rest of my life. Sexual abuse of adult males (outside of prison) is vanishingly rare. But I DO STAND EXPOSED TO BEING ROBBED, MAIMED, OR MURDERED. We have people who go to prison for this kind of thing, and are let out well before the end of their lives. WHY? If you want sex predators branded because they're dangerous, ROBBERS are dangerous to ALL people across the spectrum of the population, so why not brand them too?

Now, as far as branding people who have been released from prison:

If you really feel that someone needs to be branded so that when released, everyone will know how dangerous he is, he simply shouldn't BE released from prison. The brand won't stop him from committing another sexual assault. If we're serious about feeling that these people will always be a threat to society, they should be sentenced to life in prison.

There's this new policy that sex crimes get people a sentence in prison and then the "Jimmy Ryce law" provides that they can (unconstitionally, in my view) be kept there after their sentence is finished because "they're still a danger." I don't see why this is not the way we treat repeat offenders whose crimes are robbery, battery, manslaughter, murder... Are they less of a danger to those around them?

-blackmind
Old October 7, 2005, 01:14 PM   #30
USP45usp

rgoudy1975,

What's so great about your video is that the LEO's REFUSED to arrest and charge the guy with murder.

Also, back then, a jury wouldn't have found him quility.

Today though, they probably would have .

As everyone can see, Oregon doesn't have a registry. The dem's in charge here seem to like peds (hell, one of our ex governors was molesting a 14 year old, the dem's knew about it and it didn't come to light UNTIL the statue of limitations was up ).

Two of the dem's on the bill committee REFUSED to allow a "Jessica's Law" bill (like Florida's) come up for vote. Their reason, they didn't have time to read it even though it was exactly like the Florida bill.

It seems that the dem's in Oregon love child molestors :barf: .

Wayne
Old October 7, 2005, 04:34 PM   #31
rgoudy1975

Quote:
rgoudy1975,

What's so great about your video is that the LEO's REFUSED to arrest and charge the guy with murder.

Also, back then, a jury wouldn't have found him guilty.
Good. Small town justice is not a rational thing, but sometimes I think it has its place.
Old October 7, 2005, 09:22 PM   #32
tsavo

lol, executing people that steal something. That's great. Considering most of us would be dead by now.
Old October 7, 2005, 10:02 PM   #33
Russ538

tsavo,

Why would most of us be dead?
Old October 8, 2005, 02:05 AM   #34
tsavo

Are you serious? You have never once stolen anything in your entire life? If you say no then you're either lying or part of maybe .5% of the worlds population that has never stolen a single thing.
Old October 8, 2005, 06:13 AM   #35
Ozzieman

I can fix this problem in our nation

KILL THEM
No trial
Kill THEM
Any one that targets a child for this kind of crime
KILL THEM
No 16 years of lawyer crap
KILL THEM
Once you kill a child molester I can promiss you one thing
They will never molest again
Old October 8, 2005, 09:09 AM   #36
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

Quote:
I can fix this problem in our nation
KILL THEM
No trial
Uh, exactly what nation are you talking about? It can't be the United States because we have a little thing called the Constitution and the Bill of Rights here. My wife has been raped, my daughter-in-law has been raped, and I had a grand daughter molested. While I have a deep hatred for sexual predators, we don't kill people in this country without a trial. Period.

Denny
Old October 8, 2005, 09:18 AM   #37
mildot

zesj1

Thanks for the information....Next time I'm gonna check my source before posting...
Old October 8, 2005, 10:21 AM   #38
tsavo

People seem to be proud of this country but yet they want to destroy the entire basis of it's structure which is our rights, even if you're a criminal.
Old October 8, 2005, 10:53 AM   #39
USP45usp

That's why I believe that every State should have the Jessica's Law with mandatory sentence guidelines.

I don't believe in just "killing them" without a trial but the death penality should be on the table as one of the guidelines.

What is wrong now days are our court systems and the liberal judges that give molesters/rapists such short sentences. Or allowing low bail limits.

This is America and with absolute freedom (well, as it should be but isn't) there are risks that we have to take. One of those risks is our judicial system and liberal judges that give absolute freedoms to criminals and remove freedoms from the People (like gun freedoms, speech freedoms, etc..).

I don't know if 25/life would be considered "unusual punishment" as in the Bill of Rights but then you have to weigh the Rights of the person/child and compare if the crime committed warrents such a punishment.

Me personally, I think that it does.

Sadly, the pedo movement is making great strides in this "new age" and if the SCOTUS keeps on looking at international law (which is starting to ease it's age of consent, "child" rights vs parent rights, etc..), there may well be a day where it's no longer child rape/molestation but "consent by a minor".

I hope that I never see that day myself.

Wayne
Old October 8, 2005, 04:20 PM   #40
Clinot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsavo
People seem to be proud of this country but yet they want to destroy the entire basis of its structure which is our rights, even if you're a criminal.
Hear Hear!

People make mistakes and still have rights no matter what their folly. While ones gut reaction may be death to the perpetrators by any and all means we have to understand that by removing their rights, we remove our rights in the future.

A person who commits a crime should face justice by the legal system then according to that law or set of laws are they dealt with. If you find those laws inadequate then by the very set of rights that offer you the ability to lobby (that you seek to destroy by street justice ironically) should you ask that those laws be changed.

Otherwise we become savages, excepting street justice as the law of the land, where an innocent man may be put to death by the mere allegation or glance. We have already been there America and seen the damage it caused, need we return?
Old October 8, 2005, 05:24 PM   #41
Russ538

"Are you serious? You have never once stolen anything in your entire life? If you say no then you're either lying or part of maybe .5% of the worlds population that has never stolen a single thing."

Yea, I am serious. I've never stolen anything. That's just one of the many things that my parents taught me at a young age was very wrong. I guess I just like to pretend more people were raised correctly and taught not to vandalize and steal.
Old October 8, 2005, 06:49 PM   #42
tsavo

Stealing something does not mean you weren't raised correctly. I can almost guarantee you've stolen SOMETHING before, based on the definition of the word steal.
Old October 8, 2005, 09:44 PM   #43
Ozzieman

I cant understand your attatudes

"My wife has been raped, my daughter-in-law has been raped, and I had a grand daughter molested. While I have a deep hatred for sexual predators, w'e don't kill people in this country without a trial. Period."

You say this when your wife and childen have gone through this.
I will ask you this, how many of the scum that did what they did, commited this crime for the first time.
I would guess that if they were caught that this was not the first time and they probably went to trial and maybe spent some time in jail.
You kill a mad dog.
They deserve no less.
Kill them
If you want a trial then ok, but kill them.
To many get out and do it again.
I will also ask you this, the scum that did this to your family, did they do this evil thing again?
If there alive I would bet anything that they will.
And I say again, kill them.
I pray for your family sir, and I pray for you.
But kill them.
I have never read anything in the constitution about protecting child molesters and I dont consider them to be human and I despise any one that protects these scum.
Kill them.
Old October 8, 2005, 09:59 PM   #44
jeff_troop

Quote:
"My wife has been raped, my daughter-in-law has been raped, and I had a grand daughter molested. While I have a deep hatred for sexual predators, w'e don't kill people in this country without a trial. Period."
my god these terrible things happen to your family and you still maintain that position. it is people like you that are the problem with this country!!

poor little rapist and killers must have their rights :barf:
Old October 8, 2005, 10:03 PM   #45
jeff_troop

Quote:
I can almost guarantee you've stolen SOMETHING before, based on the definition of the word steal.
take a pen or sticky tab from work, you are stealing

i don't believe there is a human alive who hasn't stolen or lied in their life. just people who don't know the difference.
Old October 8, 2005, 10:38 PM   #46
zejs1

Quote:
poor little rapist and killers must have their rights
Yeah, it shouldn't be any problem killing rapists and killers without a trial. I mean, no one has ever been falsely accused of rape or murder, have they?
Old October 8, 2005, 11:33 PM   #47
Res O. Lushin

Quote:
my god these terrible things happen to your family and you still maintain that position. it is people like you that are the problem with this country!!

poor little rapist and killers must have their rights
No sir, the problem with this country is individuals who make ignorant comments. Nobody is saying that rapists and murderers should retain any civil right at all.

If they did it, then yes, their punishment should possess the utmost severity.
Old October 8, 2005, 11:35 PM   #48
jeff_troop

Quote:
no one has ever been falsely accused of rape or murder, have they?

and no murder or rapist has ever gone free after a trial have they? it works both ways because our judicial system is garbage.
Old October 8, 2005, 11:37 PM   #49
jeff_troop

remember guys.... just because it is the law doesn't make it right. as gun owners you should know that.
Old October 8, 2005, 11:38 PM   #50
jeff_troop

Quote:
the problem with this country is individuals who make ignorant comments.
yea, i hear congress is addressing that major issue right now
Closed Thread