The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old January 27, 2009, 10:43 AM   #1
boatmonkey82

what in the heck were they shooting ?!

i was watching the ammor car show on natgoe last night and they were shooting sks , ak ect but when they hit the trucks they looked like paint balls and they were being feed on full auto . what ammo were they using , i want some of that . is it cheaper than wolf ? the price of 7.62x39 takes the fun out of my sks
Old February 2, 2009, 06:09 PM   #2
RedGhost

Off camera

So here was the deal: You had to be quick to catch this but next to the guy with the AK firing blanks was a guy with a paintball gun. For "realism", I use that liberally, they have the blank firing guns. Then to show where the hits would be they have someone with a paintball gun next to them. If you noted the guy with the paintball gun put around 10 rounds on the front windscreen in a small group on the driver. I don't think that "glass" is going to take 10 well placed armor piercing rounds in a small group like that, so for that exercise we saw, I would put money on a dead driver.