The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 6, 2000, 02:50 PM   #1
tony.s

I'm trying to get a "tactical" holster (thigh holster) for my Walther P99. I'd like the holster to be made of synthetic materials, and since I live in Finland, to be available for purchase via the Internet. I would also like the holster to be of some quality. So far I've come up with 3 or 4 interesting possibilities: Blade-Tech, DeSantis, Uncle Mike's (I have some doubts about this one...) and *possibly* Eagle Industries - the word "nylon" doesn't sound good to me, though.

I especially like Blade-Tech's option of using the holster as a belt holster. Won't have to buy one more holster for that task...

But what are the opinions of those who have used these holsters? Are they quality holsters? Is any one clearly better than the others - or worse than the others? I've read that some are dissatisfied with Blade-Tech for one reason or the other. What are your opinions of the company today? Are they past their difficulties?

Thank you very much for your replies! Without them I'd have a whole lot less information to make my decision with...

------------------
--
Tony S.