The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 13, 2008, 02:06 AM   #1
predator86

JWIGS where did you go??(bad feedback)

i am leaving negative feedback for Jwigs, he had an ad in the classifieds for shotgun slugs. 225 for $90. here is a timeline of our pm's

2/21- i pm'ed him telling him that i would take them

2/21- he pm'ed me asking for my address so he can get a shipping quote

2/22- i pm'ed him my address and waited for a return pm to see how much the shipping quote was so i could get him a money order

2/26- no response from him, i pm'ed him asking if he had gotten a quote yet and told him that as soon as he lets me know then i would get a money order out to him

few days later i emailed him at [email protected], it was the email address in his signiture, i explained that i was a firingline.com member and was currently waiting on a shipping quote from him on his slugs.

AS OF 3/13/08 I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HIM.

i checked his public profile and his last activity was yesterday at 3:19pm, here is a link to his public profile- http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/member.php?u=51001

i have sent him another pm with the link to this thread. if i get my slugs then i am willing to forgive and forget this ever happened but until then i have no good opinion about jwigs or impulse guns.

jwigs i hope you post in this thread and explain what happened on your end of the deal.

Jesse Rechtzigel
Old March 13, 2008, 04:43 AM   #2
jwig

Response?

Ah....Where to begin. In my thread I never stated anything about being willing to ship ammo to another state, in fact is was quite the opposite. I told you I would get a quote on shipping, which I do not have as someone to ship the ammo from my area is an issue. We never agreed on a final price. As a FFL holder I am not comfortable shipping ammo to a random person with no way of really verifying who they are.

I chose to just let the idea go of selling these slugs, unless it was to an Illinois resident. I did not tell you that, my fault. A negative feedback thread is a little extreme in my opinion. I did not get a price quote on shipping and you are an overly interested person wanting a lot of shotgun ammo from another state who I do not know. Sorry, but I am not going to do it. No final deal was made with you on this transaction. I am a person of my word, if we would have had a deal I would have honored it.
Old March 13, 2008, 05:43 AM   #3
predator86

well it would have been really nice to let me know then instead of just ignoring me, if you had any issues then why didnt you ask to ship to my local gunshop?? why did you not get the shipping quote like you said you would?

*edit* usually if someone says that they will get a shipping quote then they are ok with shipping, if you are not ok with shipping then dont get a quote and dont tell the person that you will, that is why i thought that we might have a deal going, getting a shipping quote is the first step of an online sale.....

i actually had issues dealing with YOU, you are a new member with a low post count, you claimed to be a LEO and have an FFL in your earlier posts and the majority of your posts are in the classifieds forums, that set of a warning bell...

now why was i interested in a large amount of shotgun shells? well im currently paying 4 bucks for a box of 5 for winchester 2 3/4, you were selling 225 for 90 bucks, that works out to be 40 cents apiece, shipping from an hour west of chicago to wisconsin wouldnt cost that much, if you had ever gotten me a shipping quote i would have figured out the cost per round with the shipping included and i still would most likely be saving money instead of buying in the store.

im still leaving you negative feedback because you did not do the one thing that you said that you would do and that is getting a shipping quote, i find it hard to believe that you dont have a post office or a ups store within a 20-30 minute drive, you couldnt just box up the ammo and get a quote from the post office?

another reason that you are still getting this negative feedback is because i made multiple attempts at contacting you, via pm and email, all you had to do was tell me that you sold local, or with rising ammo costs you decided to keep them. what ever, telling me something would be better than nothing.

and you honestly think that leaving negative feedback is too far?? no it isnt because until i left you negative feedback you would not respond, if neg feedback is what is required to get your attention then that is what i am going to do, i already emailed you what else do you want??
Old March 13, 2008, 06:46 AM   #4
predator86

jwig, just thought that you should know that i dont have computer access at home, i post from work, i am clocking out in a few minutes and tonight i have off so i will be online tomorrow morning after 7 am, just so you dont think that im abondoning the thread......
Old March 13, 2008, 09:18 PM   #5
jwig

Response

You are entitled to your opinion. It is what it is. I ackonwledged what I did not do, yet you want to rant and rave. That is fine.

For what it is worth, I can see where you got upset. I have acknowledged I did not send a shippping quote as I eluded I would do. What more do you want? (no need for a response). Leave me the "feedback" you choose to on a non transaction.
Old March 14, 2008, 08:38 AM   #6
predator86

well as long as we both know what you didnt do and it is acknowlegded that you did not return multiple emails and pm's than i guess my need for "ranting and raving" is done and over with....in the future it would not be hard to let people know when you decide to "let the sale go."

people have slammed the hell out of companies that have done alot less so in my opinion i was justified.

moderaters, the thread is done, there is no need to beat the dead horse anymore, if you could lock it that would be greatly appreciated. thanks~Jesse R.