The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 27, 2013, 12:20 PM   #1
Bubba Phett

Rx Shooting Glasses

Lately my glasses have been more irritating than usual and I am looking for some suggestions.

Has anyone tried these? They have some kind of proprietary Rx lens holder built in?

http://www.revisionmilitary.com/prod...ctical-goggle/

I like them because they are low profile and should my Rx change, I can just order a new insert.

Id really like to hear from anyone who has tried these. They are not too expensive as long as they work well. I wouldn't mind something like these that were just Rx without the insert.

Alternately if anyone can recommend ballistic Rx glasses that aren't ginormous and wont slide around my fat sweaty head in the Florida heat, I am open to suggestions.
Old August 27, 2013, 12:23 PM   #2
spacecoast

Have you tried contact lenses? I've been wearing soft lenses for over 33 years, no regrets and the field of clear view is tremendously better than my coke bottle glasses.
Old August 27, 2013, 12:34 PM   #3
Bubba Phett

I wore contacts for a couple years in the mid 90s. It didn't work out. Maybe I will try out some new ones and see if I can tolerate them better. Seems like I was always dealing with some kind of contact lens catastrophe. Stuff getting in my eyes, lens randomly popping out and other weirdness. Plus, it was more stuff to tote around, eyedrops and regular glasses for backup. I might be too whiny/lazy/neurotic for contacts but I will consider giving them another go.