The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 23, 2013, 05:13 PM   #1
weblance

Sig Trailside Rear Sight Larrys Guns Pic

I just bought a Sig Trailside, and it shoots very high. It has the standard rear sight. I see Larrys Guns sells the adjustable sight for the Xesse Pistol that will work, but hangs over the rear of the slide. I dont want to mount an optic, and I cant find the Sig sight kit, and reading online, it seems I have the lowest Sig sight anyway, so that wont help. Has anybody installed the rear sight from Larrys Guns, and can post a good picture? When looking at the Xesse pistol online, the rear sight hangs over the rear of the slide, but it looks like some extra machining has been done on the Xesse to lower the sight body.

Im looking for pictures of the Sig Trailside with standard sights, upgraded with the adjustable rear sight from Larrys Guns. Thanks
Old April 23, 2013, 09:55 PM   #2
Dondor

Wish I could help you with the Larry's sight. I have the 4" Sig with the Sig adjustable sight.

Most adjustible sights will be the same dimensions with the lone exception being the dovetail slot.

Mine is fairly flush with the rear and I have no problem keeping STD velocity where I aim it at 25'
Old April 23, 2013, 10:07 PM   #3
Wreck-n-Crew

Have you tried using a bore sight?

They are nice for lining up what you think you see to what you actually see. Makes it easier to insure whether or not your doing something to cause it to shoot high such as trigger pull, grip etc.
Are you grouping well?
Old April 24, 2013, 09:55 AM   #4
weblance

I just picked it up this past weekend, and shot it maybe 30 times to test for function. I noticed it seemedto shoot really high at 25 yards. I wasnt trying for groups. I need to shoot it some more, but my stash of CCI Standard Velocity is getting low. Ive never liked the idea of a pistol with non adjustable sights, but really wanted this one, and got what I think was a good deal.