The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old March 26, 2000, 01:39 PM   #1
buckskinner

Yes in my ignorance I bought pieces from a catalog and built this gun. The stainless action is not a T model, and adding the copolymer barrel, although fun to shoot, after about 150 rds. now misfires very often. Help!
Old March 26, 2000, 02:44 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

I doubt anyone can diagnose the problem without more information or seeing the gun.
Actually, I suggest you get all the info you can on whether the cartridge rim is dented or not, whether the headspace is OK, etc. and then try on "The Smithy" forum.

Jim
Old March 26, 2000, 03:17 PM   #3
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

buckskinner:
I think that your question would be best ans'd in the Smithy forum. I don't know how to transfer it, but I'm sure you can repost it.

HJN
Old March 26, 2000, 05:30 PM   #4
buckskinner

Thanks guys,
I'll take this rifle to a gunsmith...After a hands on opinion I'll know more and goto the Smithy.

------------------
Treason doth never prosper. What's the reason? For if it doth prosper, none dare call it treason." - John Barrington