The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 4, 2009, 04:47 PM   #1
banditt007

Fixing my Winchester 1300 - extraction issues

My 1300 has had some extraction issues where its leaving a spent casing behind in the chamber. I took it apart and noted that the extractor claw does not always return to its fully retracted position, as well as it does not seem to have the spring tension it used to. I made sure there isn't any powder residue built up where the extractor seats on the bolt face. It definitly feels like the spring has weakened a lot and or broken. my question is taking it apart. It appears as if there is a pin that gets pressed out of the bolt itself, that will free it from its housing.

o, just found this diagram. it looks like i need to slide #4 back to a point where i can see the #7 pin align with a top and bottom opening slot in #3, which would allow me to press the #7 pin out of the bottom of #3. which would then allow both parts to free themselves and i can get in there and replace the spring #17.

I'd just like any first hand experience for example, am i correct in that this is the procedure? is the pin just a press fit and can come out the top or bottom, is it redloctited from the factory? ect

thanks guys

Old March 4, 2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Roamingdoc83

Banditt...
Did you get any help on this issue (which I am experiencing now ) as I'm having a hard time finding "how" to remove and replace the extractor spring.

Many thanks,
Doc