The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 18, 2011, 10:33 PM   #1
DBLAction454

good carry holster?

looking for a good carry holster for my glock 21sf. Don't care if its OWB or IWB.... $150 is the price limit...

Suggestions?

Thanks
Old April 19, 2011, 01:08 AM   #2
ClydeFrog

uses; fit-style...

Depending on your uses for the Glock 21SF .45acp holster, I'd say you'd have a few solid choices...
Good holster firms include: www.Highnoonholsters.com www.Blade-tech.com www.Galcogunleather.com www.Safariland.com www.Blackhawk.com www.MitchRosen.com www.DonHume.com www.Kirkpatrickleather.com www.COMholsters.com www.Bianchi-intl.com .
You should also note that to my understanding the Glock 21SF pistol comes with 2 different frame mounts(the Glock type & the 1913 or Picatinny rail).
Picatinny(check correct spelling) means Picatinny Army Arsenel NJ where the 1913 rail system was developed. www.Army.mil
The Safariland SFS or the kydex Blackhawk SERPA offer a secure fit(good for open carry).
If the Glock 21SF is used for range or outdoor use, you may want to buy a Bianchi UM92II nylon holster. This rig is based on the US military M12 system in use for the M9 9mmNATO & the older 1911a1 .45acp. It can be converted many ways & worn with a protective flap or a thumb-break.
ClydeFrog
Old April 19, 2011, 06:55 AM   #3
Kreyzhorse

I use Galco Fletch OWB holsters for my 1911 and my Glock 22. It's a well made leather holster that holds the gun high and tight to the body.

I've got a couple of bud's that also use the Galco Cop 3 Slot holster for their larger autos and they really like that rig.

Overall, as the post above pointed out, there are lots of good holsters on the market that will come in below your price point.

I'm guessing this might be your first good holster so I'm also guessing that you don't have a good stout belt. If you plan on carrying, regardless of what holster you get, you will need a good leather gun belt. The belt in my opinion is more important than the holster.
Old April 19, 2011, 09:25 AM   #4
Spats McGee
Staff

I use one made by theis. http://theisholsters.com/
Old April 19, 2011, 09:11 PM   #5
Always-Vigilant

Couple of my recommendations:
Don Hume 715-M W.C. IWB ~ $35 for my Sig P232, Glock 19, S&W 642
Don Hume 721 OWB for Glock 19 ~ $42
Glaco Concealment Holster ~$75 OWB for my Sig P232

Last edited by Always-Vigilant; April 19, 2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old April 20, 2011, 09:21 PM   #6
justjim75

this guy has great stuff, he's a member at my club and a neighbor. http://sammitchellsaddlery.com/products3.htm
Old April 21, 2011, 03:41 PM   #7
Sixer

A good OWB with an "FBI" forward cant would be my choice. It really depends on your everyday attire and preference...

As far as comfort goes, it's hard to beat a good OWB pancake style holster.

-There is no theory of evolution... Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.