The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 5, 2009, 11:14 AM   #1
grumpa72

Midway USA is tops

I ordered some reloading items, checked the box for slow delivery in 5-7 days and got it in 3. Yee-ha. Great service.

Btw, I ordered mostly Lee case conditioning items, zip trip, ball cutter, swager and pocket cleaner. For small jobs like mine, that zip trimmer is a great device.

I am picking up SR primers this afternoon and then powder and bullets once I settle on which AR .223 bullet to get for plinking.
Old November 5, 2009, 01:16 PM   #2
GeauxTide

They are the best.
Old November 5, 2009, 01:18 PM   #3
ormandj

I like them too (they ship extremely quickly and have great CS), but it now takes me 5-7 days to browse a single page on their website, and half the time it displays incorrectly, so I have a hard time ordering from them.
Old November 5, 2009, 01:19 PM   #4
awaveritt

I've made two orders within the last month and both got to me within 3 days! Made a believer out of me!
Old November 5, 2009, 01:20 PM   #5
RickV

I ordered some stuff from them on Sunday. Conformation email said deivery by Nov 9th. Checked the tracking this am "Out for delivery"
Old November 5, 2009, 04:28 PM   #6
Krieger9

+1 the love

Everything they have that I want, I buy from them.
Everything except my Storm Lake .40 barrel as I didn't want to wait.

Plinking bullets I got some 52gr Nosler HPBT by the 1000. What I really like is they came by the 1000 and cheap.

cheap, cheap, cheap.
Old November 5, 2009, 04:33 PM   #7
IllinoisCoyoteHunter

I live right by St. Louis and it only takes 2 days when I order....

~NRA LIFE MEMBER~
~NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR~
Old November 5, 2009, 04:44 PM   #8
champ198

I really like midway...jsut wish they had some large rifle primers...cant find any no where...need to stock up next time i find some
Old November 5, 2009, 04:48 PM   #9
crimsondave

Midway is the best. Fastest shipping, and best service around.
Old November 5, 2009, 05:01 PM   #10
RickV

Quote:
I really like midway...jsut wish they had some large rifle primers...cant find any no where...need to stock up next time i find some
Check out PV they have Wolf LRP
Old November 5, 2009, 08:44 PM   #11
KJr

I just received one of their magazines, and was thinking of ordering some plastic boxes for my ammo. Sounds like a good company

KJr
Old November 5, 2009, 08:57 PM   #12
ormandj

Quote:
Check out PV they have Wolf LRP
Good eye, I'm sitting on 10# of Varget, a ton of 308 brass and bullets - but was unable to find LR primers that are safe to use in a semi gas gun. 4k on order, I'm a happy man - thanks!
Old November 5, 2009, 09:21 PM   #13
JWT

Yup, they're pretty darned good. I seldom wait more than two days after placing an order to have it delivered (and that's without any kind of expedited delivery - always take the cheapest way offered). One of the best, if not the best, on line vendors there is IMO.
Old November 5, 2009, 10:07 PM   #14
FrankenMauser

They've been good to me on most things. However, I will never order gun parts from them again. They sent me used recoil buffer assemblies, marked as new, 4 times. I finally gave up, and told them to give me a refund... which they wouldn't do, unless I paid for shipping on the returns. (I still had the 4 buffer assemblies - which they told me to keep.)

I had to go through 2 more levels of management and bring up the liability issues of them sending me used parts (marked as new), before I got my refund. ...Never again...
Old November 5, 2009, 10:16 PM   #15
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Midway has been faithful on the shipping issue. Their service after the sale has been well above average. But there are other companies that I've been giving my business to instead.

Glad you're happy with Midway. They are an honest business, no doubt...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old November 5, 2009, 11:46 PM   #16
Crashbox

I also like Midway as their prices and shipping are quite reasonable in my opinion. But as ormandj said, the website is *PAINFULLY* slow- they need to substantially raise the pressure in their web server's boiler.
Old November 6, 2009, 12:45 AM   #17
dmazur

Quote:
they need to substantially raise the pressure in their web server's boiler
So that's how it works! I thought we had to feed the Morlocks...
Old November 6, 2009, 03:47 PM   #18
Deer Slayer 270

I used to love Midway USA until couple of years back when they used to have lower prices and shipping costs were good bit lower. when they used to show alot of attention to individual customers, for example for your birthday not only they would send you an e-mail wishing you happy birthday, but give you special discounts, just for you because it was your birthday.

All that has apparently gone out the door when the owner in a lame attempt to get more customers has done away with those much less expensive but more personal approaches to get and keep more customers and has spent alot of money to go on a TV show to sell his company.

Now I hardly ever buy anything from them. Almost every other on-line reloading store has lower prices than them and these other guys are now the new commers who will do those nice little things (which doesn't cost much at all) for their customers to keep them. Kind of like what Midway USA used to do when they were good. before they went "big time".
Old November 6, 2009, 03:53 PM   #19
IllinoisCoyoteHunter

Deer Slayer, I do agree with you. I have literally spent close to 2 grand with them and have NEVER recieved any discounts or coupons from them. But their shipping is fast and customer service top notch. I really can't complain too much. It seems like I get coupons every week from Cabelas...

~NRA LIFE MEMBER~
~NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR~
Old November 6, 2009, 04:08 PM   #20
Deer Slayer 270

When I actually searched and looked into other on-line reloading places, I was shocked as to how over priced Midway USA and even Cabelas is. At least Cabelas sends you big coupons on regular basis which helps them compete with lower priced sites.
Old November 6, 2009, 04:31 PM   #21
Ozzieman

I have also been a fan of Midway for a number of years, but I will place a negative comment here, its minor but if you don’t like getting a lot of advertising e mail be careful about sharing your address, there are days that 2 or more show up each day.
But it’s not that bad when you see some of the deals they are throwing out right now.
I know, I need to serve a little cheese with that wine.
Old November 6, 2009, 04:44 PM   #22
Horseman

I have to agree with that. I've been buying stuff from Midway since the mid 90's. They used to even offer free shipping until they kept losing money on cheapo's buying a $2 part twice a week that Midway lost money on to ship for free. I remember the warning mailer they sent out in the mid 90's warning people not to abuse the free shipping.

My problem though is not that they no longer offer free shipping. My problem is I've spent WAAAY to much time shopping there and finding only half what I wanted was actually in stock. If I'm gonna make a mail order I'm gonna order everything I need so I'm not paying shipping twice. And that's the other thing....they make you pay shipping multiple times if you order stuff that's backordered. I shouldn't have to pay $9 shipping 2 or 3 times because they can't keep things in stock. Grafs doesn't have as big of problem keeping things in stock so that's where I go for a lot of stuff. I wish Midway would stop trying to be Cabela's and go back to what they did well.....reloading supplies at less than retail prices.
Old November 6, 2009, 05:00 PM   #23
teeroux

I get shot advertisements on stuff on sale and coupons from them at the least once a week. Not to mention promotions throught snail mail.

I just bought a lee pro4 20 lb furnace for casting on sale and cost me $57 plus shipping nearly half if I would order it from Lee direct.

They did however send me the wrong rear sight for a novak cut 1911. Yep instead of the cheap adjustable Springfield sight I ordered they sent me a more expensive nicer looking Champion rear adjustable sight.

I had to get a taller front to match but hey I ended up getting a nice new adjustable sight set for the price of just the rear sight.

Last edited by teeroux; November 6, 2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old November 6, 2009, 05:43 PM   #24
aerod1

Midway has always done right by me. Great service with fair prices.
U.S. Navy Veteran (USS Midway V-1 Division)
Old November 6, 2009, 05:46 PM   #25
Playboypenguin

Every interaction I have ever had with MidwayUSA has been top notch...from product to employees. A real stand up organization.