The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old July 16, 2012, 09:41 PM   #1
Metal god

Palmetto state sucks

PSA is the worst company I have ever delt with on the net .I Placed my order 10 days ago ,they took my money 8 days ago and still have not shipped my items . I've sent 4 emails and they have not told me anything about any problems there may be . Just when my items will ship and then that day passes , TWICE . My order still says prossising . Everything I ordered was in stock so whats going on over there .

It would be diferrent if they had not billed my card . The fact that they took my money makes those items mine and no longer theres and I want them . Has anyone else had bad service with PSA.
Old July 16, 2012, 09:42 PM   #2
cslinger

Yep. Horrible transaction with them. Took over a month to get things rectified with rude interactions to boot.
Old July 16, 2012, 11:56 PM   #3
Quentin2

PSA is a great company: great quality components with great prices. But they've been swamped for the last few months and having trouble keeping up. I'd be patient with them, you will be happy with what you get for your money. And maybe they're slower handling emails than phone calls.

If you ordered a rifle or complete upper maybe one component is back ordered. Sorry to say but as you buy more ARs you find OOS and delays are commonplace because of demand.
Old July 17, 2012, 12:56 AM   #4
Water-Man

Have always had smooth transactions with PSA.

W-M
Old July 17, 2012, 02:09 AM   #5
impalacustom

They have treated me good, never have had any trouble with them.
Old July 17, 2012, 02:51 AM   #6
Justice06RR

10 days is actually not too bad compared to other manufacturers that take weeks or months. Did you give them a call?
Old July 17, 2012, 04:20 AM   #7
RT

Copied directly from their website

"*Please allow up to 15 business days for your Complete Assembled Upper to ship from our facility.* Holiday and special lead times can be longer*
Shipping labels are created shortly after orders are placed.* Shipping labels update when the product leaves our facility and are en route to their destination. You will be emailed tracking information when the order leaves our facility, however if you receive one shortly after you place your order and it remains dormant, don’t be alarmed. Your tracking information will be updated when it leaves our facility and is still subject to the aforementioned lead time.* If your tracking number goes beyond the listed lead time please get in contact with us via email or phone and we will look into your issue.
Signature required on delivery."

PSA is good to go but they do take a long time processing orders. It's because they are very very busy.

Last edited by RT; July 17, 2012 at 04:33 AM.
Old July 17, 2012, 07:32 AM   #8
customaquatics

there wasn't any shops around that had there rifles? mine had 3 of em when i got mine.
23 year old NRA member AKaholic #158907 , 1942 Ex-Sniper Izzy Mosin Nagant, 1970's Marlin 30-30, Remington 870 tatical, Charter Arms The Pink Lady 38 Special.
Old July 17, 2012, 07:56 AM   #9
rbernie

I've had a few frustrating experiences with their customer service, but they always made it right in the end and the biggest quibble was over lack of communication rather than bad attitude.

I've also had a BUNCH of solid transactions with them, and I consider them a 'go-to' vendor for much of my AR shopping needs.
Old July 17, 2012, 09:51 AM   #10
Shyzzy

They've been decent to me too. Though they also did charge my card well before shipping. Not a big fan of that practice.
Old July 17, 2012, 10:21 AM   #11
gunhand

Good company

They are running summer specials non-stop these days and are doing brisk business. If you order from PSA you need to have patience. It might take a few days but shipping was prolly free anyway. I have a Magpul sling being delivered via UPS from them tomorrow. Good vendor in my opinion.

PS- I don't think they "took your money" like Botach Tactical tried doing to me "once". PSA will send your order and it will be a quality product.

Last edited by gunhand; July 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Addition
Old July 17, 2012, 10:22 AM   #12
Palmetto-Pride

PSA could be the next Midway or Cheaper than Dirt if they could just get there logistics figured out. Luckily for me I live less than two hours from their three stores, if not I probably wouldn't own much from them because I hate slow shipping, but I won't think twice about getting in my truck and driving a little over a hour to get what I want. Just a FYI I just ordered a scope from Optics Planet that is back ordered until the end of this month and they also charged my card before I got off the phone with them. I will say this there is no excuse for an in stock item not to ship in 2 business days from time of order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Palmetto-Pride; July 17, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old July 17, 2012, 10:27 AM   #13
Mal H
Staff

Moved to the Feedback forum. Be sure to follow the rules for this particular forum when posting.
Old July 17, 2012, 02:52 PM   #14
jmr40

They plainly state that it takes 15 days for orders to be processed in normal times on their website. They also had a statement on their website a few days ago letting customers know that because of extra business they were running even farther behind.

They don't just pick up an item off the shelf when you place an order, they build it to your specs after you place the order.

My upper came in exactly 15 days after placing the order. They even gave me a free upgrade to a better quality barrel than I ordered.

Good company that makes a good product. Better to wait a while for quality than get junk right now.
Old July 17, 2012, 03:30 PM   #15
Palmetto-Pride

I want to clarify that I am not talking about a product they have to build, but something like a scope or ammo something that they can just pull off the shelf they should ship within two business days IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old July 17, 2012, 04:16 PM   #16
wxl

Have good transactions with Palmetto. Great specials that causes much of their shipping delays. Fantastic prices couple times a year on stripped AR15 lowers ($59). Great sales on ammo. Learn to live with occasional delay for great pricing.

If you cannot tolerate any delays, shop elsewhere. Simple.
Old July 17, 2012, 05:41 PM   #17
Metal god

Thanks I see some problems you all have had butt not to bad really . Maybe I should cut them a little slack .

All I ordered was ammo ,fire control group , some springs and something else I can't think of right off hand . Nothing major no guns ,uppers or lowers .

I do here that there free shipping summer sale has backed them up .

Really it came down to them taking my money and not shipping my items . If they had not charged my card I would just be thinking PSA is slow and would not have even thought of writing this thread . It really erks me that I've paid for something that I have know idea when i'll get it . They have told me a couple of times now when it would ship and it didn't .

I agree with the others who think if there CS was a little ( or a lot ) better they would be the next midway or amazon . They do have some good prices and some good stuff but as of now im not sure if i'll ever order from them again . There is plenty of other places out there that will take my money ( and maybe even give me things in return for that money )

For example . In the last week I have spent $500 on gun stuff and not once did I consider going with PSA even though I could have got 90% of it from them .. If they only new how gun crazy I am right now ( $5,000 easy in the last 3 months on guns and gun related items ) and im far from done, hell Im just getting started .oh well, there loss .

Last edited by Metal god; July 17, 2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old July 17, 2012, 06:05 PM   #18
dogtown tom

Quote:
Metal god ..... Maybe I should cut them a little slack ....
It's a little late for that, you've already dragged their good name through the mud.

I handle 100+ transfers each year from Palmetto.

NEVER had a problem.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old July 18, 2012, 08:28 AM   #19
madcratebuilder

Quote:
If you order from PSA you need to have patience.

This

PSA keeps cost down by having minimal customer support. PSA is not known for hand holding.

AR product moves so fast many places can't keep the web site up to date. The PSA orders I have done have all been fine.
Old July 18, 2012, 11:18 PM   #20
Metal god

Just because you have cheap stuff does not mean you have a good name . There is a lot more that goes in to having a good name . I need not sieght them . If you have good CS people like me would not have a reason to drag your name through the mud . I have only delt with one other company with CS as bad as PSA in the past . Thats Cox communications , needless to say I have directv now .
Old July 19, 2012, 12:33 AM   #21
5.56RifleGuy

You seem to forget that customer support costs money to provide, and when a business has costs that go up, so does the price of there product. Every time you send them an email or call, someone has to stop doing something productive to respond to you. When enough people email, call, etc. it ends up making everything take longer.

That's why they put a up notice stating that it may take longer to ship than normal.

And then people can ignore it and get on the internet and complain.

If you want better customer support, pay the extra money required to get it.
Old July 19, 2012, 08:06 AM   #22
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Three deleted posts. This one's had enough.
Closed Thread