The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old September 3, 2001, 07:19 AM   #1
Jorah Lavin

"Ignore" Feature, what a blessing

I've found my blood pressure is a lot easier to keep under control when a small subset of TFLers are invisible to me; the Ignore list is an excellent feature.

-J.

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit... it's the only way to be sure.
Old September 3, 2001, 10:00 AM   #2
Inspector Callahan

I have you on 'ignore', therefore I cannot see this post. I'm sure it was a good one tho.

Just kidding. I don't even know how to use the ignore function, nor do I care. I haven't run across anyone deserving of the feature yet for one thing. Besides, a guy can just scroll on past a post if it bothers him THAT badly.

Good day,
Callahan
If you don't understand weapons you don't understand fighting. If you don't understand fighting you don't understand war. If you don't understand war you don't understand history. And if you don't understand history you might as well live with your head in a sack. - Colonel Jeff Cooper
Old September 3, 2001, 11:23 AM   #3
Hal

Elevated blood pressure is a small price to pay,,,,,
The alternative is far worse.
Old September 4, 2001, 04:09 AM   #4
PreserveFreedom

AMEN!

I never thought that I would have to use such a feature, but I did about two minutes ago for the first time. An ignorant member kept trying to get me to fight with him in PM's and waste my resources looking up info to convince him that we have a fourth amendment right. I don't care if this commie believes it or not. Then after about a month of my not responding, he tries to drag the topic up with me in another thread. It was very satisfying to be able to tell him that he was now the only person that is being ignored by me. Another priceless feature thatI am glad we have available.

Old September 6, 2001, 01:32 AM   #5
deanf

It would be kind of neat if we could see who's ignoring us.
Old September 6, 2001, 07:17 AM   #6
PreserveFreedom

That would result in so many hurt feelings though. If you suspect someone, send them a friendly message and request a read receipt. If you never hear back, they are either ignoring you, not reading any PM's, or just deleted it without reading. Ignored posts can still be read with a click.